DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problems connecting Oneplus 5 to Remote Control

rubik84

Reactions
I've just started with my Mavic Air. I have a Oneplus 5 mobile and i'm not able to connect it to the remote.

I've tried using the small cable that plugs into the side of the remote, i've tried the large cable that plugs into the USB port at the bottom, and no luck. The app doesn't let me click 'next' to carry on the setup process.

Am I missing anything?

I can operate it just fine using my mobile over the wifi connection.

Any help much appreciated.

I have a ONEPLUS 3T and connected to the RC using the small USB port on the top left hand corner. The larger USB at the bottom did not work.
Having problem trying to connect my CRYSTALSKY to the RC. No Mavic Air option.

Have you tried enabling the OTG option in the advanced menu in settings?

Have you tried enabling the OTG option in the advanced menu in settings?
Yes I've tried that. When i plug in either of the cables i feel a small vibration in the phone suggesting it is recognizing that something is connected, but nothing else.

Yes I've tried that. When i plug in either of the cables i feel a small vibration in the phone suggesting it is recognizing that something is connected, but nothing else.
So I tried it our with my oneplus3 and it worked fine! It must be something to so with the OTG setting on the 5, as it doesn't exist on the 3. When I plugged into the the 3, I got a pop up on my phone asking if I should open the DJI app when the device was connected. Shame the 5 isn't supported yet.

I have the same problem but I had an old OnePlus 2 to fall back on. When I plug in the OnePlus 5 the haptic vibration is that the phone is now charging but it never prompts me that a USB accessory has been connected, like the OnePlus 2 does.

Now that I've had the opportunity to play around with it a bit more, I've managed to get it to connect via the RC by turning on "Enable USB Debugging" in the Developer Options (under settings > Developer Options). This then popped up the "USB accessory" message for the DJI Go RC and opened up DJI Go 4.

Last edited:
I figured this out for my 5T today.

1. Turn on developer options by tapping on your build # 5 times (in the about phone)
2. Go to developer options and turn on USB Debugging
3. Once plugged in, you have to change the USB Configuration. "Select USB Configuration" and change on MIDI, then it should connect.

Hope this helps

I have the same problem but I had an old OnePlus 2 to fall back on. When I plug in the OnePlus 5 the haptic vibration is that the phone is now charging but it never prompts me that a USB accessory has been connected, like the OnePlus 2 does.

Now that I've had the opportunity to play around with it a bit more, I've managed to get it to connect via the RC by turning on "Enable USB Debugging" in the Developer Options (under settings > Developer Options). This then popped up the "USB accessory" message for the DJI Go RC and opened up DJI Go 4.

This worked for me - thanks!!

1. Turn on developer options by tapping on your build # 5 times (in the about phone)
3. Once plugged in, you have to change the USB Configuration. "Select USB Configuration" and change on MIDI, then it should connect.

Hope this helps

Many thanks your response solve the same issue on my DJI Phantom 4 Advance. My phone is a OnePlus 5.
Thanks once again
John MCDONALD

Hope this helps
You must be in developer mode to change to MIDI but then Osmo 2 app do not connect. This is tricky to change between DJI Gadgets as a One Plus owner. In and out from developer mode, nock 5 times, an do settings is not user friendly att all.

You must be in developer mode to change to MIDI but then Osmo 2 app do not connect. This is tricky to change between DJI Gadgets as a One Plus owner. In and out from developer mode, nock 5 times, an do settings is not user friendly att all.

Many Thanks your 'developers' suggestions we're right on the money.
Applied your suggestion...All sorted!

Thanks once again
John MCDONALD

hi ! I have the same probleme with my oneplus 5t, i try to follow exactly instructions but when i put on MIDI on "Select USB Configuration", it's go back to charge ! I don't understand.
Do you know how can resolve it ?
Thx
Steph

hi ! I have the same probleme with my oneplus 5t, i try to follow exactly instructions but when i put on MIDI on "Select USB Configuration", it's go back to charge ! I don't understand.
Do you know how can resolve it ?
Thx
Steph
I give up and use my Nexus 6p instead. Works fine with MA and OM2. No trouble at all.

I give up and use my Nexus 6p instead. Works fine with MA and OM2. No trouble at all.
All I do is, as soon as I plug in the phone, do the finger swipe down on the finger print sensor on the back of the phone. I then hit the Android options and press midi. You have to be quick and accurate, but if I miss it, I unplug the cable on the controller, not the phone, and try till I get it.

All I do is, as soon as I plug in the phone, do the finger swipe down on the finger print sensor on the back of the phone. I then hit the Android options and press midi. You have to be quick and accurate, but if I miss it, I unplug the cable on the controller, not the phone, and try till I get it.
After OxygenOS and DJI app update it works with Osmo Mobile 2 and Developer mode. No need to switch anymore.

Reactions: BryanGirard

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones