DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problems updating Firmware

Had a mavic 2 Pro firmware mismatch. After probably close to 6 hours or more of wasted time ,a call to dji, and ordering a new PC(which I was already planning to buy a new puter but not a huge priority) to try assistant 2 with when it arrives.I decided to call DJI one more time because sometimes it depends who you talk to. so this guy says make sure you take out the sd card. Sure enough as soon as I did that it downloaded the firmware without issue. Ho after searching threads etc did it not come to my attention that the sd card must be removed wow.
They had offered to let me send it in but that was going to be my my last resort. It seems odd that the controller updates without assistant 2 but the drone must be connected to a PC.
not the issue you were having but it will help someone so I'll say it loud and clear ****TAKE OUT SD CARD WHEN DOING FIRMWARE UPDATE USING DJI ASSISTANT 2

Last edited:
Reactions: Roylee
Make sure you are using latest version of DJI Assistant 2 Mavic 2 - Specifications, FAQs, Videos, Tutorials, Manuals - DJI
You will not update the quadcopter via DJI Go 4 ever. the controller will but not the MA 2 Pro aircraft itself.

If all else fails try using a friends Ipad or borrow a PC with a newer version of Windows. Special connectors can be used to convert your USB cord to whatever fits the Ipads jacks.
Some libraries even let you check out an Ipad but I'm not sure about downloading software in that situation.
Souunds like your having better weather for flying than us so thats something to be happy about :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Roylee
Had a mavic 2 Pro firmware mismatch. After probably close to 6 hours or more of wasted time ,a call to dji, and ordering a new PC(which I was already planning to buy a new puter but not a huge priority) to try assistant 2 with when it arrives.I decided to call DJI one more time because sometimes it depends who you talk to. so this guy says make sure you take out the sd card. Sure enough as soon as I did that it downloaded the firmware without issue. Ho after searching threads etc did it not come to my attention that the sd card must be removed wow.
They had offered to let me send it in but that was going to be my my last resort. It seems odd that the controller updates without assistant 2 but the drone must be connected to a PC.
not the issue you were having but it will help someone so I'll say it loud and clear ****TAKE OUT SD CARD WHEN DOING FIRMWARE UPDATE USING DJI ASSISTANT 2
Thanks I did not have the same luck you had. I'm going to try some else PC . I'm sure something or some program is not allowing me to Open DJI Assistant. Code will not show up so I can not log in. But I'll remember your tip about the SD card. Thanks again

No problem let us know how it goes. One more thing to try is temporarily disabling your Windows firewall. That thing not letting you put in the code like that might be indicative of a firewall type issue. After you get it going be sure to turn on intelligent flight mode so that you can experience the awesome 45 miles an hour

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead