DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problems with my phone / DJI Go 4 connecting, no signal, crashing

goldwich

Reactions
I've had my Mavic for about a week now. Nothing but problems with my Samsung Galaxy S7 being used to run DJI Go 4. It randomly switches between "ready to fly", "disconnected", and "no signal", and this is before take off, and also after takeoff if and when I get that far. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. I'm able to fly it with just the remote, but whats the point of that. Also, my phone gets very hot. Don't know if that is normal. I don't know if there are any settings I need to put my phone to? I already reinstalled DJI Go 4, so I don't know if the problem is my phone, the app, the app with my phone, or what.I use the side port to connect the phone.
Would it help if I put my phone in airplane mode? Would it even function in airplane mode?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated before I take this thing back. Last thing I want to do is have this thing out of sight when the phone disconnects and then pray it comes back.

Nothing you can do. I hate Nougat in every way. Horrible interface. Fortunately I have a separate tablet Samsung Tab S2 dedicated only to flying DJI stuff. It is on Marshmallow (android 6) and is flawless with DJI Go 4 4.0.7 and firmware .700 on the Mavic. No one has any idea when DJI will do fixes to accomodate Nougat.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji