DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problems with My SC card Slot Cover on the Mavic Pro

jwwphoto

Reactions
The reason I ask, is that my cover over my brand new Mavic Pro seems to be a little defective. I push it shut but it tends to want to push back out. I am afraid of removing it and reinserting it will eventually cause it to break off.

There is a strip of rubber between the two tabs that seems to be interfering with the fit in the closed position.

Bottom line, does the drone appear as a drive when plugged to the Micro USB cable? I am using a Mac Book Pro with the latest IOS installed...

Jeff

Reactions: jwwphoto
Thx, working a lot of hours. Otherwise I would’ve tried it.
But to get at the spot where the micro cable plugs in, you'll still have to lift that cover. Sounds like an assembly defect -- return to DJI I'm afraid :-(

But to get at the spot where the micro cable plugs in, you'll still have to lift that cover. Sounds like an assembly defect -- return to DJI I'm afraid :-(

They are on opposite sides of the aircraft....

I hate to send it in but I will call and make them aware.

The reason I ask, is that my cover over my brand new Mavic Pro seems to be a little defective. I push it shut but it tends to want to push back out. I am afraid of removing it and reinserting it will eventually cause it to break off.

There is a strip of rubber between the two tabs that seems to be interfering with the fit in the closed position.

Bottom line, does the drone appear as a drive when plugged to the Micro USB cable? I am using a Mac Book Pro with the latest IOS installed...

Jeff

I can see what the issue is on my SD Card slot cover. There is a small strip of rubber attached with is designed to keep the door from getting lost. my strip of rubber has a bulky wrinkle in it and is getting in the way of the slot cover. I can push it shut, but the rubber is bunched up and pushes the cover back out when i let go of it. If the rubber weren't there, I think it would shut. It is supposed to lock in place when inserted? For $1200, should I expect it to close properly? I am about to go on about 6 weeks of a lot of overtime and I think I will send it to DJI to have this resolved. Obviously, It came this way when I purchased three (3) weeks ago.

Jeff
ced31e18832aefa98305161acd2e5700.jpg

Last edited:

Jeff

I had the same issue with my pro, I was able to take a small paper clip, unfold one end and lightly manipulate the rubber peice back up inside and the door latched properly. Hope this helps.

The reason I ask, is that my cover over my brand new Mavic Pro seems to be a little defective. I push it shut but it tends to want to push back out. I am afraid of removing it and reinserting it will eventually cause it to break off...
You do not "lift the cover", you slide it. It slides down to open and back up to stay closed.

Reactions: pixl
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dipshot