DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problems With Obstacle Avoidance Sensor Calibration

stpatrick

Reactions
I have been attempting to recalibrate my obstacle avoidance sensors on my mavic2pro using the DJI Assistant 2. Using 3 different computers, the software fails to detect the screen size of each of these computers and requires manual entry of the screen size. After this I am taken to a blank white screen and I cannot proceed further. I have tried different USB ports on all the computers. I am using the cable that came with my drone. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue. I have been unable to use my drone for the last 2 weeks, because of this.

Attachments

• IMG_5775.JPG
    IMG_5775.JPG
    771.9 KB · Views: 27
I believe screen resolution is a factor. I don't think it works if screen is 720p which is what many laptops have.

Dual screens may also give it trouble, though it wasn't for me a year ago.

Both laptops have 720p and the desktop is connected to a Samsung 45 inch TV using an analogue cable, this desktop doesn’t have HDMI ports

I haven’t been able to use my drone for the last 2 weeks because of the sensor error

Is there a way to keep and landing sensors on, and only deactivate the forward, side and rear sensors?

Reactions: Bill combs
Is there a way to keep and landing sensors on, and only deactivate the forward, side and rear sensors?
I know there's away to turn the sensors off but not sure about doing it that way but I'm thinking you can through the go 4 app just open the settings and you will find it

Both laptops have 720p and the desktop is connected to a Samsung 45 inch TV using an analogue cable, this desktop doesn’t have HDMI ports
That probably explains it. Not compatible with 720p, and with the analog, app has no way to know how big the screen is. 45" is probably too big.
What resolution are you sending to the 45"? Even analog has a resolution, legacy TVs being 480i with 4:3 aspect ratio and that certainly won't work.

Reactions: bmoe75
I connected the laptop to the 45” LED tv and was able to get a 1080 p resolution image on the TV, I ran the assistant software again attempted to calibration, but I still got a white screen, and could not proceed further

I took the drone to a local DJI service center, the did the calibration for free within 10 mins...now the drone seems to work fine

Reactions: Thomas B
No...I had to enter the screen size manually...still got a white screen
Screen probably too big physically for Assistant to handle. After all, it has to view the displayed image through the OA cameras. If it were to work, you probably would have to be quite a ways back from the screen for the camera to be able to see 1/9 of the screen.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki