DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Procedures established for emergencies as per Canadian CARS 901.23(1)

I'm guessing the drone would just hover during the on/off cycle if satellites were visible? Maybe I'll try it at a foot above ground. :>)
Depends on the settings you've selected in DJI Go and other factors. Read the most recent version of the manual. From memory it can be set to hover or Return to Home. Return to Home has other options, and sometimes it just lands where it is. Like the big jets, some of the automated behaviours change depending on altitude and other factors.

(At least, that happened once with my Phantom 4 when I triggered RTH to demonstrate it to a friend and the drone immediately started to land — I learned afterwards from reading the manual that if you are within a certain distance of your home point the drone just lands where it is!)

Depends on the settings you've selected in DJI Go and other factors. Read the most recent version of the manual. From memory it can be set to hover or Return to Home. Return to Home has other options, and sometimes it just lands where it is. Like the big jets, some of the automated behaviours change depending on altitude and other factors.

(At least, that happened once with my Phantom 4 when I triggered RTH to demonstrate it to a friend and the drone immediately started to land — I learned afterwards from reading the manual that if you are within a certain distance of your home point the drone just lands where it is!)
I tried it today with my Mavic 2 Pro. Hovering at 10' at a distance of 50', and with RTH altitude set to 150', I turned the controller off and left it off. The drone climbed to 150', turned to the recorded home point, descended and landed.

Reactions: Zbip57
I tried it today with my Mavic 2 Pro. Hovering at 10' at a distance of 50', and with RTH altitude set to 150', I turned the controller off and left it off. The drone climbed to 150', turned to the recorded home point, descended and landed.
I think I was about 3-4 m from the drone when I demonstrated the RTH function. It was quite a few years ago, though, so my memory is a bit fuzzy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weblloyd