DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Professional and Detailed Comparison - Air vs. Pro

I think what some people are having trouble understanding is that you can fix your problem with the click of a button but you don't seem to want to.

If you're worried about the legalities, then you aren't flying beyond line of sight either, so you would be fine within the CE range.
I know how to set my ma (and my spark too) in FCC mode. I also know how I can modify the Fw, in order to fly over 500m, or in a nfz. But we can talk about pros and cons, for non modified products.

Also, the legality is important, if our children and nephews are flying our drones too.

And believe me, in CE mode, I have disconnections even in short distance (in LOS).

Mavic pro has its own issues. For example, I think the major problem is the gimbal. Every time I take it in my hands, I think that the gimbal will fall on the ground.

But Mavic pro, is a more "pro" drone than air is.
It has a better RC with a display and lot of telemetry info on it.
It can be controlled by two RCs, and at the same time someone can see the footage through DJI goggles, wirelessly.
There are more automatic flying modes on pro, as follow me and terrain follow, and some other as waypoints, not supported on air officially by DJI yet.
Ocusync also, doesn't mean that we will fly 4000 m away, but we can have solid signal in all normal flights, even behind obstacles.

Both air and pro are beautiful drones, but they are different, for different needs. I would say that air is an upgrade to spark, and it is a "Mavic" because it is foldable.

Last edited:
Reactions: MaviCam
The topic has honestly been discussed plenty of times and it always boils down to personal preference.
I look at this fact a little differently: The fact that this comparison discussion has been engaged exhaustively, and no clear answer has ever emerged, says to me it's pretty much a wash.

Which is "better"? Neither. They're simply different, in a few relatively minor ways. If any of these matter to you, that will govern your choice. For most people, it's "six of these, half a dozen of another".

I know how to set my ma (and my spark too) in FCC mode. I also know how I can modify the Fw, in order to fly over 500m, or in a nfz. But we can talk about pros and cons, for non modified products.

Also, the legality is important, if our children and nephews are flying our drones too.

And believe me, in CE mode, I have disconnections even in short distance (in LOS).

Mavic pro has its own issues. For example, I think the major problem is the gimbal. Every time I take it in my hands, I think that the gimbal will fall on the ground.

But Mavic pro, is a more "pro" drone than air is.
It has a better RC with a display and lot of telemetry info on it.
It can be controlled by two RCs, and at the same time someone can see the footage through DJI goggles, wirelessly.
There are more automatic flying modes on pro, as follow me and terrain follow, and some other as waypoints, not supported on air officially by DJI yet.
Ocusync also, doesn't mean that we will fly 4000 m away, but we can have solid signal in all normal flights, even behind obstacles.

Both air and pro are beautiful drones, but they are different, for different needs. I would say that air is an upgrade to spark, and it is a "Mavic" because it is foldable.
And better obstacle avoidance + camera aren't upgrade to Pro ? Lol ....

The only real advantage of pro if we're to fly by the rules is the battery life and that's the end of it.

To me camera is number one importance so are you telling me Pro ( which i flew btw ) is better for me because of OccuSync? Where's I need camera lol

And better obstacle avoidance + camera aren't upgrade to Pro ? Lol ....

The only real advantage of pro if we're to fly by the rules is the battery life and that's the end of it.

To me camera is number one importance so are you telling me Pro ( which i flew btw ) is better for me because of OccuSync? Where's I need camera lol

I said that pro has ocusync, better range, better RC, better flying time, and more pro capabilities.

Air has better OA, and some users (like you for example) think that fixed focus camera of ma is better. I will add that portability is a little better, also.

And THAT is the end of it. If for you, camera of the MA is the number one, so what? You have an air and you're happy with it, but pros and cons of the two drones are there.

By the way, i fly without OA (and without lol).

I said that pro has ocusync, better range, better RC, better flying time, and more pro capabilities.

Air has better OA, and some users (like you for example) think that fixed focus camera of ma is better. I will add that portability is a little better, also.

And THAT is the end of it. If for you, camera of the MA is the number one, so what? You have an air and you're happy with it, but pros and cons of the two drones are there.

By the way, i fly without OA (and without lol).
If the only difference for the camera was the focus i would stayed with the Pro ;)

I have both. If better camera characteristics were enough to make an -overall- better drone, I would have sold Mavic pro.
To each their own, for me it's No.1 importance therefore kept the Air instead of pro, however in hoping new mavic will get 1" sensor from p4 or else I'll be pushed to get info phantom series which I don't want Q.Q

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000