DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Promotional film for a caravan park and campsite

Nicolas

Reactions
Hi gurus!

I just shot and edited this film for a caravan park and campsite in the UK. Any thoughts? :cool:

Have a great weekend!

Nicolas

Reactions: Esoarer
IMO, you're relying on 1 platform for all your shots. No mix of DSLR, GoPro or other to help tell the story. Throw in some After Effects with campsite locations, trailer locations etc. (Info for the viewer) People having fun in the park, very important! All I see is a bunch of flying around, which we get ALOT of that here.

My 2 cents

Last edited:
Maybe have someone walking a dog in the “dog walk” ?
Knock on some doors and get some people out of their campers?

As a Drone pilot who owns a caravan and has dogs - I'm sold!

You might want to amend the spelling regarding the fishing lake caption, it should be 'coarse' fishing.

Us fishermen can be pedantic :).

When I get to your level of competence I might do a similar video of the caravan park I have just moved into in Anglesey

You of course have your PfCO :).

Nice film - shows the site off well...
Just a question about that (not doubting but just don't know!) ... If @Nicolas is going to use a video of his own property / site, does he need to be FfCO???

Just a question about that (not doubting but just don't know!) ... If @Nicolas is going to use a video of his own property / site, does he need to be FfCO???

Yes - a promotional video for a commercial enterprise definitely falls within the need PfCO.

Of course whether any enforcement would take place is quite another matter...

IMO, you're relying on 1 platform for all your shots. No mix of DSLR, GoPro or other to help tell the story. Throw in some After Effects with campsite locations, trailer locations etc. (Info for the viewer) People having fun in the park, very important! All I see is a bunch of flying around, which we get ALOT of that here.

My 2 cents

Thank you, I'll definitely use more platforms for other films of that type.

Maybe have someone walking a dog in the “dog walk” ?
Knock on some doors and get some people out of their campers?

Yeah, you're right. I've actually tried to arrange that with the campsite owner but it proved quite difficult. I'll probably make another one over the summer next year- I'll try to involve campers if I can.

You might want to amend the spelling regarding the fishing lake caption, it should be 'coarse' fishing.

Us fishermen can be pedantic :).
Ah well spotted, I'll fix that Thumbswayup

Yes - a promotional video for a commercial enterprise definitely falls within the need PfCO.

Of course whether any enforcement would take place is quite another matter...
Yes, you're right. You always need a PfCO if your film is used for promotional purposes. I have mine;)

Your transitions are approx 2 seconds to try and view a shot i would go to 5 to 6 seconds.

Thanks, good point. In the future, I'll try to use music with a slower tempo to allow longer shots Thumbswayup

When I get to your level of competence I might do a similar video of the caravan park I have just moved into in Anglesey
Sounds super cool, DM me the link when you're done :cool:

Yes, you're right. You always need a PfCO if your film is used for promotional purposes. I have mine;)

I am still considering whether I can be arsed! Guess I will wait and see if I asked to do anything commercial :p

I just like playing drone police every so often. Gives me a sense of power and entitlement :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest