DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Speedsweets

Reactions
Hi,

After flying some Bebop power, I switched to a MPP. What a relief.
I searched the forum on some weird things i encountered.

Since I did a lot on flying and developing RC gliders the propellor on the MPP stroke me as a bit weird. Normally you want the leading edge on a wing smooth and without any air disturbing wrinkles. This is important for wing resistance and critical in stalling conditions. But on the MPP propellors I found letters on the leading edge, which stick out. I was eager to sand them of. But then I wanted to know if anyone has fdone that. It seemd to me the efficiency will improve, and as a byproduct it has to lessen propnoise in the lower frequencies( since the letters are close to the center).

Grtz

I also thought it strange that DJI put raised lettering on the props instead of on the hub. If you sand them off, let us know if it made any noticeable difference.

Hi Mossiback,

I sanded them off. Since the letters are about 5% of the edge i haven"t seen or heard a difference. My guess is that this type off change is only to be found with specific measuring tools. Also, it would be strange if DJI itself would let it persist if it would give a big change. Third reason, next to the letters on the inside the prop profile is almost square. I think it has to do with rigidity of the prop.
Nice experiment, but Not worth it

GRTZ

Reactions: Lapeer20m
...I sanded them off...
...Nice experiment, but Not worth it...
I suspected as much. It didn't make sense that DJI would engineer such a fine machine and then degrade the props with lettering. Thanks for posting your results.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000