DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

prop replacement wonderment

A.O.

Reactions
So It seems to me , might be imagining things, that my props are getting louder!! I've checked them and they "seem" fine. They look ok, I've run my fingers along the edges and detect no chipping or splits or anything but yet they "seem" louder... Change em or no?

@A.O. well its so easy to do a prop change on the MA2 so try it, you have nothing to loose ,just make sure you put the new props on the correct motors ,do one at a time ,and keep them apart so as not to mix them up ,you can keep the old set,and then go out and see if the drone sounds any different with a new set on ,i always change a complete set even if only one seems damaged ,but its really your choice

@A.O. well its so easy to do a prop change on the MA2 so try it, you have nothing to loose ,just make sure you put the new props on the correct motors ,do one at a time ,and keep them apart so as not to mix them up ,you can keep the old set,and then go out and see if the drone sounds any different with a new set on ,i always change a complete set even if only one seems damaged ,but it really your choice
Yeah, I was kind of thinking the same.

Reactions: old man mavic
Yeah, I was kind of thinking the same.
This reminds me of my Belt Buckle Alarm bell on my Audi TTS I swear someone goes in at night and changes the volume as some days it fine and others I get a headache, most likely there is not a change in how the Props sound , in the morning everything can sound louder as at night.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain / Snow

Reactions: THE CYBORG and A.O.
This reminds me of my Belt Buckle Alarm bell on my Audi TTS I swear someone goes in at night and changes the volume as some days it fine and others I get a headache, most likely there is not a change in how the Props sound , in the morning everything can sound louder as at night.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain / Snow
Belt Buckle alarm??
You got some splainin to do Lucy!

Its the Reminder on the Buckle up when driving the Car , somedays its seems 20 times louder than other days, Lol

Reactions: A.O.
I know it is going to hard going back to DJI props after using MA props. Lower tone back to higher tone.

Reactions: 4score
I know it is going to hard going back to DJI props after using MA props. Lower tone back to higher tone.
If it’s any consolation, high tones (I.e. higher frequencies) do not travel as far through the air.

I thought about those, they have Orange you know, but I've been reading so much bad things about them on here.

I turned that chime off in my truck!
Not sure about newer cars but it used to be easily accessible in fuse panel location, either unplug it (Sometimes would give you alert light though) I would just put a piece of tape over it to mute, or unplug from under the seat. Of note: I always wear my seat belt, it's others that I have to remind :p

As for the MAS props, I would give them a month, looks like they have the molds/dies fixed or adjusted now, after back log you should be safe to purchase....I wonder if they recalled stock from Amazon and such?

Last edited:
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I thought about those, they have Orange you know, but I've been reading so much bad things about them on here.
I got lucky because mine must have been just before the bad ones went out or the blue ones did not have a problem.

IMG_0086.JPG

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Not sure about newer cars but it used to be easily accessible in fuse panel location, either unplug it (Sometimes would give you alert light though) I would just put a piece of tape over it to mute, or unplug from under the seat.

As for the MAS props, I would give them a month, looks like they have the molds/dies fixed or adjusted now, after back log you should be safe to purchase....I wonder if they recalled stock from Amazon and such?
2010 Dodge truck, just reprogramed it through the controls.

And if I hear better reports I may sometime.

I have MA props on one of my M1P's and have had no problems at all. I just ordered a second set for my other M1P.

The props will not change their aerodynamics or shape to create any additional noise. More than likely you're flying higher or more over your head where the noise is generated as the down wash hits the turbulent air under the drone. Guess what I'm saying it's the pilot rather than the drone. I have old Phantoms with thousands of flights all with the original blades.

The props will not change their aerodynamics or shape to create any additional noise. More than likely you're flying higher or more over your head where the noise is generated as the down wash hits the turbulent air under the drone. Guess what I'm saying it's the pilot rather than the drone. I have old Phantoms with thousands of flights all with the original blades.
The noise difference I'm hearing, or think I'm hearing is upon take off.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190