DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Prop Strike in Sport Mode

Sorry to hear about your experience (and I’m new to Mavic Pro so was reading this with my jaw dropped); thankfully there is a result and relieved to see this post and will now check my bird. Wow, I just assumed it can handle Sport mode...but I was fooling myself I think, it is plastic after all. Stunned at DJI’s response?!

Sorry to hear about your experience (and I’m new to Mavic Pro so was reading this with my jaw dropped); thankfully there is a result and relieved to see this post and will now check my bird. Wow, I just assumed it can handle Sport mode...but I was fooling myself I think, it is plastic after all. Stunned at DJI’s response?!
Nothing wrong with sports mode, just keep Mavic on a level plane. Its the fast decents under yaw that stresses the arm joints to the max.
There is no need to fast decend unless its an emergency. Fly in normal mode and only use sports mode when absolutely necessary like strong wind or to escape a bird attack or occasionally to go somewhere fast in straight lines and your Mavic will love you for it.

Reactions: Clinton1
you're probably right. I'm grounding her til the shells are replaced and clearance issues rectified. Ive been lagging on some other projects as flying has been consuming all my free time.
You could get a couple off butterfly yokes from ThunderDrones if he has any left or if not you will have to order and replace the whole arm and motor which comes with the yoke attached.

Or remove yokes from 2 new legs and put on your legs.

The leg with yoke is held in by 2 screws on inside and one on the outside back of yoke. You still have unsolder and resolder the 3 motor wires from the ESC board which ever way you go.

Reactions: NastyNate
You could get a couple off butterfly yokes from ThunderDrones if he has any left or if not you will have to order and replace the whole arm and motor which comes with the yoke attached.

Or remove yokes from 2 new legs and put on your legs.

The leg with yoke is held in by 2 screws on inside and one on the outside back of yoke. You still have unsolder and resolder the 3 motor wires from the ESC board which ever way you go.
thanks DF!

I2GgudU.jpg

Proper fix.

Reactions: NastyNate
The stock ones are usually bent upwards so push them flat with a bit of heat and then epoxy the plates on top.

My mavic pro flies every time in super sport mode and no damage result. I was able to reach
92 km/h velocity without problems. My butterflies are perfect. No crashes in my rear props. I think is a good race quad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike357
My mavic pro flight every time in super sport mode and no damage result. I was able to reach 92 km for hours without problems. My buttelflies are perfect. No strike in my rear props.
keep pushing it and they will give.

I think I might just have some bad luck because I've only hit 69 Km/h

spped mod is next on list.

Last edited:
This AC should be still under warranty and should be returned to the seller

OP why are you trying to fix this yourself , get DJI to give you a new AC ?

Reactions: LivinLarge
I had no idea that replacement parts were now available for the Mavic. Is it difficult to disassemble and replace body parts? Any areas to be extra careful about?

I had no idea that replacement parts were now available for the Mavic. Is it difficult to disassemble and replace body parts? Any areas to be extra careful about?

Check out the tear down videos

Very interesting reading...So what is the prognosis?
Prolonged flying in sport mode will cause arms to flex?
or
Mavic was refurbished and not assembled correctly?

Reactions: Prado man
Just my opinion, but if the arms did that kind of damage to the body, I would replace the whole arm including motor because there is a very good chance the motor became damaged or possibly motor shaft bent. It's just as much work to replace the joint as it is to replace the whole arm.

Reactions: Bazzam
My mavic pro flies every time in super sport mode and no damage result. I was able to reach
92 km/h velocity without problems. My butterflies are perfect. No crashes in my rear props. I think is a good race quad.

Wow...I think I must have limited mine in the settings anyway when I got it, so I have not seen it run at that speed yet...but ok, so it’s Sports and steep yawing/decent that will place the force on it in the corners - mmm...will keep that in mind...I’m a gentle pilot with my bird
7d84bd51761ea03819f2fdd4234b4a8c.jpg

I’ve not had any issues with the older props which are stiffer. I have a friend who modified the flight perameters in sport mode to increase all velocities tilt and braking and he has not had any issues yet. The thing is freakish in full tilt and vert velocity. I’ve observed full forward dropping down and then full pull up on sticks. Perhaps the newer props flex more

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming