DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Propellar guard advice for Mavic Pro 2: DJI or Pgytech ?

Bahadir

Reactions
I'm planning to fly my MP2 indoors and occasionally in the woods, so I'll be needing propellar guards. People are pleased about these two brands: Pgytech and DJI. I wonder which makes less drag or burden for the drone.

I wonder which makes less drag or burden for the drone.
It would be hard to find anyone who has used both to be able to provide a comparison.
But it most likely that both are fairly similar.

It would be hard to find anyone who has used both to be able to provide a comparison.
But it most likely that both are fairly similar.
That may be right. At least this is the best place to ask and hear opinions. Already learned yours for example : )

Btw, net weight of Pgytech set is 88gr. whereas the DJI set is 78gr. I'm not sure this weight difference alone might make any discernible difference.

Hi @Bahadir .
I just googled both sets, and from the photos, not much difference in function.

A few things I noticed.

Weight of 10gms is not going to make much difference to the M2, but the slightly heavier ones MIGHT be marginally stronger . . . though they are slightly different shapes, so this might be where the weight difference lies.

Both are 4 pieces, using a clip to join.
Looks like both might take a bit of fiddling with during set up.

Both are simple 'bump' prop guards, that is they will help fend the drone off a wall, or a tree trunk, but neither will do much at speed, or in finer foliage.

Both seem to be about the same price.

Good luck with them.
I have the M1P DJI prop guards, used them once and tested on a house wall, worked fine.
Haven't used them since, another 'thing' hanging around like the leg extensions, lol.

Hi @Bahadir .
I just googled both sets, and from the photos, not much difference in function.

A few things I noticed.

Weight of 10gms is not going to make much difference to the M2, but the slightly heavier ones MIGHT be marginally stronger . . . though they are slightly different shapes, so this might be where the weight difference lies.

Both are 4 pieces, using a clip to join.
Looks like both might take a bit of fiddling with during set up.

Both are simple 'bump' prop guards, that is they will help fend the drone off a wall, or a tree trunk, but neither will do much at speed, or in finer foliage.

Both seem to be about the same price.

Good luck with them.
I have the M1P DJI prop guards, used them once and tested on a house wall, worked fine.
Haven't used them since, another 'thing' hanging around like the leg extensions, lol.
Thank you for your extensive reply. Apart from 10gr difference which would not make a difference in flight but would make the Pgytech a bit durable as you pointed out, there's a negligible price difference too, the Pgytech being 23 dollars and the DJI 31 dollars. Actually if I wasn't planning to fly it indoors I wouldn't care about such an accessory either.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter