DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Propeller inspection.

there are two types of props being shown here SpinItUps props are the same as my low noise ones they are genuine DJI ones the OPs ones have a different design to the low noise type it does not matter whether the low noise ones have a silver or gold tip the are the same prop its only the tip colour thats different

Just for your info ... The 8331 designation means; 8.3" diameter x 3.1" pitch ... That's the prop's specifications. The stock standard DJI Mavic Pro prop' is an 8330. Master Airscrews are 8344 ... That's the interesting thing for me, is that the MA prop's are a much courser pitch - and yet the Mavic's motors don't seem to work as hard swinging them!

Mind if I ask where you got that info about 8-3-3-1 from? The diameter of the 8331 is less than 8.3" , and pitch is measured in degrees, not in inches.

Does anyone know what the pitch of the MP, MPP an M2 props is? That will tell alot about the character of the prop, as will its pliability.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
The burning Q?
Show us the EAN:
UPN:
on the back of the box with a pic of the full underside rhombus-like prop shaft whatever it's called where the marks are and the embossed letter should be!
like my pic in#49 #45 respectively

ROGER THAT!
OMG I have to go through the trash again and get ranch dressing an old green beans on my fingers

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
DJI Recommends using Apple Products to fly their Drones....lol
Thus,, IPhone, IPad, Iwear, Isleep Isore.....
Isee,Ithink, Iam

Reactions: Former Member
DJI Recommends using Apple Products to fly their Drones....lol
Thus,, IPhone, IPad, Iwear, Isleep Isore.....
I hear you but I am and old school kind of guy that has built computers when there was dos and windows and I personally find it difficult to navigate Apple crap. My son is a power user and he's all about Apple. I'm just not it's a different animal.

To me, it looks like the props are damaged.
[ed] unless a pic of the propshaft underside is provided to convince me otherwise
I over & out

Last edited:
I have an old 5.4 inch floppy drive for sale if you want one or I can just ship it to you. Also a Compaq 5.4 inch quantum Bigfoot ts 10gb hard drive

Reactions: Ranmanjc
I have been flying with my original DJI 2 year old props as well as some newer DJI Platinum props and there is no evidence at all of cracking.
They all have very faint molding lines from the manufacturing process but that is all.

Mind if I ask where you got that info about 8-3-3-1 from? The diameter of the 8331 is less than 8.3" , and pitch is measured in degrees, not in inches.

Does anyone know what the pitch of the MP, MPP an M2 props is? That will tell alot about the character of the prop, as will its pliability.
Hi @Thunderdrones ... Your statement is not correct mate ... The DJI 'Quiet' props are pretty much exactly 8.3" in diameter according to my imperial/metric 'shatter resistant' Helix L16 ruler!

Prop' pitch is not measured in degrees. There are degrees of pitch which change all along the length of a propeller blade, but since it's different at every point along the blade length - it's pretty much useless to use degrees as a measure of pitch.

Of course you'll know all this, but the reason a propellor pitch angle changes along the length, is because the tip of the prop' travels much further thru' the air for each rotation, than the base of the prop'. For example, the tip of an 8331 prop will travel 26.07" for every rotation, while if you looked at a spot just 1 " along the blade, it will travel 6.28" for each rotation. The varying pitch angle along the blade (and the width of the blade also), will ensure that the same amounty of air gets pushed back from every point along the blade's radius as it turns through the air.

Now - with all that in mind - If you took a theoretically 'solid' 8331 prop' and 'screwed' it into a theoretical bowl of jello - then one 360 degree rotation of the prop' would take it 3.1" forward into the jello ... That's how pitch is measured on any prop' including those made for ships and boats.
[There is also a calculation that can be done on the physical shape/size etc. of the prop' - but it's working out the same thing without getting messy with a bowl of jello!]
Of course, the bigger the pitch number (e.g. 4.3" for the Mav 2 Pro prop's), the further into the bowl of jello one 360 degree rotation will take the prop' ...

Mavic Pro stock prop' = 8330
Mavic Pro 'quiet' prop' = 8331
Master Airscrew 'Stealth' for Mav' Pro = 8344
Mavic 2 Pro prop' = 8743

In other words, to answer your question, the Mavic 2 Pro prop is 8.7" in diameter, and has a pitch of 4.3".
Here endith the lesson ... o_O

[Reference material here: Propeller Basics ]

Last edited:
Hi @Thunderdrones ... Your statement is not correct mate ... The DJI 'Quiet' props are pretty much exactly 8.3" in diameter according to my imperial/metric 'shatter resistant' Helix L16 ruler!

Prop' pitch is not measured in degrees. There are degrees of pitch which change all along the length of a propeller blade, but since it's different at every point along the blade length - it's pretty much useless to use degrees as a measure of pitch.

Of course you'll know all this, but the reason a propellor pitch angle changes along the length, is because the tip of the prop' travels much further thru' the air for each rotation, than the base of the prop'. For example, the tip of an 8331 prop will travel 26.07" for every rotation, while if you looked at a spot just 1 " along the blade, it will travel 6.28" for each rotation. The varying pitch angle along the blade (and the width of the blade also), will ensure that the same amounty of air gets pushed back from every point along the blade's radius as it turns through the air.

Now - with all that in mind - If you took a theoretically 'solid' 8331 prop' and 'screwed' it into a theoretical bowl of jello - then one 360 degree rotation of the prop' would take it 3.1" forward into the jello ... That's how pitch is measured on any prop' including those made for ships and boats.
[There is also a calculation that can be done on the physical shape/size etc. of the prop' - but it's working out the same thing without getting messy with a bowl of jello!]
Of course, the bigger the pitch number (e.g. 4.3" for the Mav 2 Pro prop's), the further into the bowl of jello one 360 degree rotation will take the prop' ...

Mavic Pro stock prop' = 8330
Mavic Pro 'quiet' prop' = 8331
Master Airscrew 'Stealth' for Mav' Pro = 8344
Mavic 2 Pro prop' = 8743

In other words, to answer your question, the Mavic 2 Pro prop is 8.7" in diameter, and has a pitch of 4.3".
Here endith the lesson ... o_O

[Reference material here: Propeller Basics ]

Thank you for the link, technical definition and thorough explanation. I guess my using the word pitch was wrong. What I actually meant to describe was the angle of incidence of the blade. Do you think the angle of incidence of the MA blade is the same as either the 8330 or 8331?

@FoxhallGH, can you please explain why those folks that chose to try the low noise props on their Mavic Pro were experiencing unwanted vibration? Also, aside from the obvious difference in length, why it might be a bad idea to use Mavic 2 props on a Mavic Pro?

By the way, thank you for being a gentleman, something which I am often not.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nenad