DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Propeller protector guard

laurent45

Reactions
Hi
I saw that the MM Combo provides Propeller guard, but they look bulky to carry and must be heavy.
And they also limit the capacity of the drone.
I saw a video of an italian drone Youtube channel advertising for 13,5g propeller guard (Paraeliche per DJI Mavic Mini 13.5g - No PAYLOAD - Enac Art 12/5 STAMPATI PETG | eBay), and others on Ebay (around 30g).
What is your experience of using non-DJI guard ?
Does-it prevent from having DJI flight limitations, whie securing propeller in case of rough encounter ?
Thanks in advance

I got the DJI prop guards for my MP three years ago for a job flying inside and have not used them sense. Unless you are flying indoors or in very tight outdoor spaces you really do not need them.

If you have GPS (not flying inside) get familiar with the RC pause button. It cancels horizontal stick inputs and acts like an emergency brake to quickly stop horizontal movement. I stuck a button on top of my RC pause button to make it easier for my thumb to find.

It is a Mini, does not have the stop button.
I have only used my DJI prop guards inside and they worked
fine. Unless I was trying to fly in timber I wouldn’t even use them.

I use these guards with the MM, not as heavy as the OEM version and they give some protection vertically as they extend above the propellers

1599606646271.png

Hi
I saw that the MM Combo provides Propeller guard, but they look bulky to carry and must be heavy.
I saw a video of an italian drone Youtube channel advertising for 13,5g propeller guard (Paraeliche per DJI Mavic Mini 13.5g - No PAYLOAD - Enac Art 12/5 STAMPATI PETG | eBay), and others on Ebay (around 30g).
Does-it prevent from having DJI flight limitations, whie securing propeller in case of rough encounter ?
Thanks in advance
I just love to use PGYtech’s prop guards - they come in once piece that covers the props even tighter than the original DJI ones. They are slightly above 60 grams, cutting flight time to about 16 minutes, but for close-quarters flying and working with actors it’s absolutely necessary. The mini becomes virtually indestructible.
Litchi does not include payload mode, allowing to avoid the distance/height limitations. Just be mindful of the wind - mini becomes even more sensitive to it.

Litchi does not include payload mode, allowing to avoid the distance/height limitations. Just be mindful of the wind - mini becomes even more sensitive to it.
You can also turn it off via DJI FLY APP. If you lift off, the drone senses that there is additional weight and enables it automatically, you then open the App settings and disable it manually. It stays "disabled" as long as you continue and fly in that session.

Flying with those prop guards outside is highly not recommended as it will just increase the wind resistance and decrease flight time. You could live with less flight time, but it will increase the risk of fly away or the drone being carried away by the wind. Have a fly more combo, I never used mine so far, I fly only outdoors.

I don't have a Mini, but according to the manual the RC does have a pause button and that is what I was referring to.

View attachment 112738
Thanks for the correction. I had forgot about it after trying it with my first mini and it didn't work like the others. Tryed to stop quick going wide open right beside me and isn’t as quick. Hit a tree and tore it up.
Was like the third flight ?
Sent it our vender I got it from to fix it and was when parts were hard to get so he just sent me a new one. Sooo I have 4 batterys now .
Just had forgot that it had that feature cause I wont use that again.
Instead of doing like the others it‘s kind of slow.

...Instead of doing like the others it‘s kind of slow.
I should stop giving advice for something I do not own. I was not aware that the pause button for the Mini did not work like my MP. When I push my pause button my MP will very aggressively stand on end to stop. It also cancels stick input for a couple seconds.

Sorry to hear about your tree mishap. I had used the pause button when a flight got too close to a branch. It stopped in time but a gust of wind blew up and moved the branch into my MP. I may be the only one that had a tree hit my Mavic instead of the other way around.

Reactions: dirkclod
Wish it didn’t cancel the sticks, cause you might be able to make it cut a flip ?

I use the prop guards when flying around my yard so the hummingbirds that like to buzz it don't get injured. I'd rather deal with the flight limitations than dead hummers. No problems in light winds.

Reactions: EyesWideShut
I got the DJI prop guards for my MP three years ago for a job flying inside and have not used them sense. Unless you are flying indoors or in very tight outdoor spaces you really do not need them.

If you have GPS (not flying inside) get familiar with the RC pause button. It cancels horizontal stick inputs and acts like an emergency brake to quickly stop horizontal movement. I stuck a button on top of my RC pause button to make it easier for my thumb to find.
That sounds like a great advice...on the principle of having a way to slow down things !!!

Hi
Thanks in advance
Both DJI and Yuneec designs are too save the motors. The blades are designed to shatter easily and to stop running at the thought of hitting a twig. Lesser drones you dont have to worry about because brushless motors have more than enough power to cut themselves out of a tree( Thier
motors dont sut off and the blades are impact resistant). Of course a $150 dollar drone have the
worst cameras. Im talking about drones like the Bugs3 or The Beast SG906 and the like. I think DJI
should give you the choice of a tuffer prop and tone down the motor shut off. I would still be be flying my Mavic Air If I could have cut my way out of some twigs.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002