DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Propeller slightly chipped

I am new to this but surely that would allow the props to move up and down on the shaft of the screw too much (image B) and effect flight, where did you get the screws?

Take one original screw and a new one out and compare the length of the shaft not including the thread.

1726666938142.png1726666975394.png

where did you get the screws?
These are the official screws with the DJI props. I have a few spare sets and from appearance they look genuine. In India, there is no official DJI store so have sourced these from people who seem to have purchased them in other countries.

Is there a way to verify whether what I have are genuine DJI props?

Attachments

• IMG_4385.JPG
    IMG_4385.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 4
Did you compare an old and new one side by side as i suggested in my last post?

Hmm, the old ones are just slightly shorter and also the screw circumference appears to be just a little smaller. Very minor but a difference none the less.

Thinking the DJI spare props I have must either be counterfeits or from a bad batch?

I have a couple of genuine Master Airscrew spares which were purchased in the US from their website, so maybe I'll replace all four sets with them.

Those are genuine DJI screws, this issue has come up before. DJI is shipping two sizes for some reason, has been made aware of it, and is seeming to ignore it.

At first thought, I can't see that it would be adverse in any way... the tiny bit the blade will slip up (and it will, given the forces) shouldn't affect normal, safe operation.

Reactions: Max Headroom
At first thought, I can't see that it would be adverse in any way... the tiny bit the blade will slip up (and it will, given the forces) shouldn't affect normal, safe operation.

I flight tested with the protruding screw and there were no problems in terms of manoeuvrability etc. but did suffer from anxiety thinking what if something were to happen and affect normal/safe operation. It would obviously be safer to simply change the props and screws with a set that screws in well, but perhaps my remaining sets of DJI spare props are also of "different size".

Very weird that DJI are aware of the issue but have chosen to simply ignore it.

Reactions: Max Headroom
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMA