DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Props showing in video?

blong10

Reactions
I'm looking to purchase an Air 2s here really soon. I came across this video here

He was explaining how the props keep coming up in his footage. A lot of the comments are saying the same thing. This puts me off a little as I'm going to spend $1,200 on a drone I would prefer the props not showing in my videos. Has anyone else had this issue? Could this be corrected with a firmware update?

Look like some lag between the gimbal and the drone, or perhaps some flex in that right prop arm.

Could be the wider camera angle and at certain pitches you can see the props ?

Reactions: mak$$
Just watched the video again .that is quite bad can't be right.
Also why only the right prop .you can see not just the tips but a large part of the prop.this has put my purchase on hold until we find out more thanks for pointing this out.

I've seen it in a bunch of videos. I'm assuming it's because of the wider lens? I'll know more once I can test out my drone more. It didn't stop me from pulling the trigger though and it could be corrected in a future firmware update like how the MA2 video used to jerk down when changing into sport mode got corrected.

Reactions: ninja_geezer
Slow down

I've seen it in a bunch of videos. I'm assuming it's because of the wider lens? I'll know more once I can test out my drone more. It didn't stop me from pulling the trigger though and it could be corrected in a future firmware update like how the MA2 video used to jerk down when changing into sport mode got corrected.
Let us know how you get on thanks.

There are ways to move the gimbal left and right thru the FlyApp - which would allow you to see the props sometimes. Not a defect in the Air2S.
like you can in the air 2 i know that but this is most of the prop when facing forward always on the right ,looks a bit wrong to me i never see my props on the air 2 never have never want to lol.

This is available for most drones. If you are trying to keep the gimbal angle too high or you are flying in certain conditions (horizontal speed, vertical speed, wind) the propellers will be shown in the picture / video. You have a tool and you have to experiment how to use it to get the desired result, not all possible combinations work in all situations. More than this, when you record against the light, the propellers shadow will draw horizontal bands on the picture / video. Any tool has limits. You have to learn them and use the tool accordingly.

Flying foreward will increase the chance of props in view due to tilt of the drone. Try to fly more slowly eliminating the tilt.
Also flying backwards is a tip the tilt is in the opposite direction.
Also it helps just angling the gimbal down a few degrees this is almost not visible in the video anyway.

Ruud

why are so many people complaining about this ,some are very seasoned flyers so this does not make sense .

Reactions: HighlandsVideo
Sport mode into a strong wind would be my guess. It would have maximum pitch in that situation. It will probably be smoothed out in new firmware.

Reactions: crash3x
Scares me a lil bit too but I pulled the trigger and bought the A2’s as well.
I’m confident if it is a “real” issue, it’ll be fixed in a firmware update.
Like others mentioned, and have experienced myself, wind, modes and angles can cause props in the view every so often. If it’s a drone issue, a firmware update will fix it [emoji818]️

i think its ok have a look at this.

like in the video link i posted there is a setting ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suretybondsa