DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Props

I think the key words here are just what msinger has mentioned.
Authorized DJI dealer.
Any other source would be, and should be suspect.
Right on! And most of the time it doesn't make sense to buy elsewhere since dealers usually have the best prices.

It's very easy these days to find out whether or not someone is an authorized DJI dealer. DJI has it posted on their website here.

Reactions: Thomas B
I have one thing to add here. On DJIs website they have a list of not just online authorized retailers but also brick and mortar places. They decide them up by “enterprise dealer” “professional dealer” etc which is a shame because they all sell the same stuff. I found one in my area that’s this little hole in the wall camera shop but turns out they cater mostly to broadcast and cinema b2b but they are nice guys happy to shoot the ? with ya and they told me anything DJI sells if they don’t have it they can get right away. They can even get authentic parts you can’t find anywhere at an online retailer. There prices are the same or less than online and you keep that business local.

Check out your area on DJIs website you might be surprised that a little place you didn’t know existed is a DJI dealer

There are ways to verify whether a dealer is in fact an authorized DJI dealer. If someone isn’t willing to take the time to research that aspect of the transaction, their choice. Sub-standard components are probably one of the reasons why thunderdrones is always busy.

Reactions: Former Member
There are lots of places to buy OEM DJI Mavic 2 props. Here are some others I highly recommend:
Unless I need them today, Amazon is usually my go to place for buying props. There are lots of sellers there, many are authorized dealers, Amazon ships super fast, and I like the fact that they offer a free no hassle return if something does not arrive as expected.

There are lots of places to buy OEM DJI Mavic 2 props. Here are some others I highly recommend:
Unless I need them today, Amazon is usually my go to place for buying props. There are lots of sellers there, many are authorized dealers, Amazon ships super fast, and I like the fact that they offer a free no hassle return if something does not arrive as expected.

Please be careful with Amazon! One member bought what he thought were OEM but werent. Read the fine print on the ad lol

Last edited:
Please be careful with Amazon! The OP bought what he thought were OEM but werent. Read the fine print on the ad lol
I cannot speak for the UK, but Amazon is a great place to buy OEM DJI accessories in the US. For those people who shop there routinely, they understand why I highly recommend them. Their service is second to none.

My trusted US seller is B and H Photo. I dont make a commission from referring people to them, but maybe I should. I just like doing business with them, but I guess Amazon is OK as long as you know what you are buying and who you are buying from.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ynksfan27
My trusted US seller is B and H Photo. I dont make a commission from referring people to them, but maybe I should. I just like doing business with them, but I guess Amazon is OK as long as you know what you are buying and who you are buying from.
Adorama is good also...

The important takeaway for everyone else reading along is that someone claiming to sell "OEM DJI" props (or other accessories) is claiming they are genuine DJI parts. If you have even the slightest inkling that the seller is lying, then it would be best to purchase from a reputable seller (like an authorized DJI dealer).
We are in violent agreement on that point Mr @msinger ...

Rather naive...
Maybe you could educate yourself about the history of Master Airscrew before you declare my post "rather naive". Their props are made in their California factory and production is NOT farmed out to the lowest bidder. They were making props 30 years before DJI was founded. I have been using their props for over 40 years and have not had a single defective prop from them.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
Maybe you could educate yourself about the history of Master Airscrew before you declare my post "rather naive". Their props are made in their California factory and production is NOT farmed out to the lowest bidder. They were making props 30 years before DJI was founded. I have been using their props for over 40 years and have not had a single defective prop from them.
Rather terse... I know the history. They will be copied if successful sales continue. Edsel also antedates Ford BTW...

Rather terse... I know the history. They will be copied if successful sales continue. Edsel also antedates Ford BTW...
They are probably on the drawing board or CAD computer of some office in China as we speak.

They will probably be listed on Amazon in the future with the name "Master Aircrew"

Counterfeit props can have anything stamped on them to make them look legit. For the small cost difference I would stick to genuine DJI (bought from DJI or an authorized seller) or Master Airscrew props.
For some enhanced insight in how various props perform just have a look at the tests i performed in order to characterize/fingerprint a small group of various props: it also includes testing a cheap china counterfit that clearly underperforms at a given point..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661