DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

pros and cons about the new FW

Drewaz

Reactions
I've been reading all of the posts regarding the new FW and I'm having trouble putting it all together.
Sounds like people have trouble with the upgrade process and that there may be new restrictions
I'm hoping someone can summarize pros and cons for applying it.

I've been reading all of the posts regarding the new FW and I'm having trouble putting it all together.
Sounds like people have trouble with the upgrade process and that there may be new restrictions
I'm hoping someone can summarize pros and cons for applying it.
IMO, never update to .1000. It's horrible firmware. The exposure is horror. Better stick to what kind of firmware do you have now, mate

What do you mean by horrible? It would help if you could be more specific? Does the new FE affect manual exposure ?

Last edited:
Reactions: FollySteve
What do you mean by horrible? It would help if you could be more specific? Does the new FE affect manual exposure ?
The picture, even at normal exposure, it still be over exposed. I've to step down 1 stop to make the picture look nice, though not as nice as the .900 picture. I use true color, -1 exposure, contrast 0. If i step down the contrast, maybe i'll change my hobby than looking at the scenery from my bad boy

a3e2e28d5a38567d9d03136fe4675400.jpg

Reactions: treehouse1441
I noticed True Color did not work on 1000, and gave same as Normal. Mentioned it in the other thread. Could be because I'm still on 4.1.3.
Also, white balance difference.

Yes, mate. Better stick to what firmware you have. Firmware .1000 is horror, now i'm looking a way to roll back to .900, the nice firmware

I applied .1000 yesterday and flew 2 batteries. Actually didn't notice any difference flying. I'm charging batteries now and will check out the camera soon.

Reactions: unexpanded
TBH, the reason i bought mavic because its capabilities to make an awesome aerial photo and its compact size. With .900, i almost got everything i need, though i don't use filter. But in new firmware, i don't like the result of its camera at all. Too bad the DJI has failed this time for giving us best camera result and too bad they don't give us a chance to roll back to earlier firmware. I just think, maybe this firmware is like a prototipe firmware, it doesn't make any sense they've launch 3 same firmware without the ability to roll back if something bad happen. I think they're not ready yet for this firmware, they still confuse so they launch 3 firmware just in a couple of days..

IMHO

Reactions: gigamike
TBH, the reason i bought mavic because its capabilities to make an awesome aerial photo and its compact size. With .900, i almost got everything i need, though i don't use filter.

IMHO

Ok it. This issue is part in a different discussion so a mod may close this small on here. Im staying with the 900 for now. Thanks for the warning.

Im on V 03.300. has never failed me. And the pictures Im shooting are awesum. I have no intention of reinventing the wheel

I did update it without any problems and the camera seems to be better than before, so no idea what's the fuzz with it.

Reactions: Dragonfly
I flew 3 batteries and got some really nice RAW pictures but I was getting nice images before the update. I tried shooting some video 2.7/24 at 50 fps .... very jerky and hardly watchable. I don't know much about shooting video though ... it was full sun and I don't have ND filters so I'm hoping that's the problem.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000