DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Protective Bubble...

cstruthers

Reactions
The protective bubble does an excellent job protecting the camera and gimbal assembly while the drone is being stored. However, I have been reading where people think it is OK to fly with the bubble in place. Since the bubble covers a fan inlet/outlet, is it possible that airflow is inhibited to the point of damaging the drone electronics?
To that point, I always remove it.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC PRO/PLATINUM MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0-.pdf
*MAVIC AIR MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic Air/20180213/Mavic Air User Manual_v1.2.pdf
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

There are conflicting opinions on whether to fly with or without the cover. Some of the DJI media shows it on sometimes so who knows. You are correct the fan input is behind it and I agree it may hinder the air flow... maybe in cold weather it would work.

The protective bubble does an excellent job protecting the camera and gimbal assembly while the drone is being stored. However, I have been reading where people think it is OK to fly with the bubble in place. Since the bubble covers a fan inlet/outlet, is it possible that airflow is inhibited to the point of damaging the drone electronics?
Howdy from Wyoming @cstruthers , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Since the bubble covers a fan inlet/outlet, is it possible that airflow is inhibited to the point of damaging the drone electronics?
No, you will not damage the electronics by flying with the bubble attached. Your images/video might not be as clear though.

Another option would be to use some type of hood like this FStop Labs hood:

51b1jCebcWL._SL1020_.jpg

It's not a perfect solution either since the top of the hood will likely block some of the view if you're flying at high speeds in Sport mode.

Last edited:
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! The hood msinger mentioned above is good quality and fits like a glove, you may occasionally see silhouettes of it around the edges though. Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure