DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PSA- Airspace awareness using free ADS-B tracker

Kingcoopa84

Reactions
I've seen many postings about using tracking services like flightradar24 to check airspace while flying. These sites usually require a paid subscriptions for "full access" but still block many aircraft if the owner (i.e. private corp, military, LE, govt) can demonstrate a legitimate privacy concern. There is a completely free and unfiltered website that aggregates data from a network of private ADS-B receivers around the world. Check it out here- https://global.adsbexchange.com

As an example, if you are flying in southern Alabama/Florida panhandle right now you should be aware you're sharing the airspace with several Army UH72s flying at and below 500ft. This does not show on flightradar24

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    491.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Might be interesting. I was planning to fly at a local park last weekend, and there was this heli circling nearby. I checked flightradar24, and it didn't appear on it. Waited for 15 mins, and it was still circling, so I left for another park.

I like Flight radar, I think it might be a bit better for us in Oz than in the US because of no delays.
However your link would not load correctly twice. I couldn't get it away from the UK, to my location. Might try later.
Thanks tho!

The website load for me on my deskstop. I didn't check how it would look on my phone. But the number of aircrafts detected on flightradar24 > ads-b. So both have deficiencies.

Yeah Ray, I'm on my PC but I can hear the HDD goin' off its nut, so could be that?? I'll try later.
BTW Flight radar on my phone is flawless, love it!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000