DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PSA- Airspace awareness using free ADS-B tracker

Kingcoopa84

Reactions
I've seen many postings about using tracking services like flightradar24 to check airspace while flying. These sites usually require a paid subscriptions for "full access" but still block many aircraft if the owner (i.e. private corp, military, LE, govt) can demonstrate a legitimate privacy concern. There is a completely free and unfiltered website that aggregates data from a network of private ADS-B receivers around the world. Check it out here- https://global.adsbexchange.com

As an example, if you are flying in southern Alabama/Florida panhandle right now you should be aware you're sharing the airspace with several Army UH72s flying at and below 500ft. This does not show on flightradar24

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    491.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Might be interesting. I was planning to fly at a local park last weekend, and there was this heli circling nearby. I checked flightradar24, and it didn't appear on it. Waited for 15 mins, and it was still circling, so I left for another park.

I like Flight radar, I think it might be a bit better for us in Oz than in the US because of no delays.
However your link would not load correctly twice. I couldn't get it away from the UK, to my location. Might try later.
Thanks tho!

The website load for me on my deskstop. I didn't check how it would look on my phone. But the number of aircrafts detected on flightradar24 > ads-b. So both have deficiencies.

Yeah Ray, I'm on my PC but I can hear the HDD goin' off its nut, so could be that?? I'll try later.
BTW Flight radar on my phone is flawless, love it!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929