DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PSA: DO NOT install DJI Go4 version 4.1.4 on Android if you get it!!

Where can I download the 4.1.3 version? I was trying a site called an APK mirror but it wouldn't download from there

It's not a bad idea - just keep in mind that your (possibly already full) back bag will have to accommodate the pad + the mount. There seem to be some slim / small mounts available but then again they may not bring the pad high enough, leaving it in the way of your hands, disturbing operating the RC, ... Better mounts take more space, it appears. And once you realise that a cell version of an iPad is better than the Wi-Fi because it's got GPS, and when you want to have at least 64GB of space, the cost of the iPad starts to go higher than you first thought...

I've been through the same thought process just last week. ATM I hope the there's a 4.1.5 App version very soon with the lag issues resolved. Really don't want to buy more gear to resolve something that should work out of the box.

Doesn't the I Pad mini fit in the controller? My Samsung Tab S2 8'' does. It works perfectly btw! I'm not a fan of the screen below the controller configuration, so I bought the Polar Pro phone mount and use my S8+ for flying. The best part is that I can leave my Otterbox case on.150172307130426391314.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dragos28
I am thinking I'd like to see if 4.1.4 will fix my issue...every now and then the app will crash on my S8...but it's livable (love the S8 btw...)

My issue now is that the version of GO that I have is 4.1.3, and the Google play store won't even give me the option of updating to 4.1.4...

Anyone else seeing this?

Last edited:
I am thinking I'd like to see if 4.1.4 will fix my issue...every now and then the app will crash on my S8...but it's livable (love the S8 btw...)

My issue now is that the version of GO that I have is 4.1.3, and the Google play store won't even give me the option of updating to 4.1.4...

Anyone else seeing this?

Yea when I had 3 my S8+ crashed as well. Not anymore!

I've got the same setup Lon...works great!

I'm super happy with it! Not to mention that the phone mount can be used with a tripod, Go Pro mount, Ram mount, any 1/4-20 set up. So you can use the controller mount a Ram mount X-Grip, for example. Or even use the normal controller mount for your phone and mount a Go Pro or other small camera to film your Mavic.15017295465152048906631.jpg 15017298071232136562637.jpg

Yesterday I created a post talking about issues I had on Sunday after Saturday's update (Scrambled/laggy image at all times, all distances...). It turned out to be that nobody was receiving that update on Saturday, even on my father's phone it was still installing version 4.1.3.
I have asked in many places, and so far I've found a few more users with different devices that have received the update and are suffering the same issues.

Asked DJI they have replied that:

"The Android version 4.1.4 has not been released officially, only a small part of customers are available to download the test version in Google Play Store. We are working on it to improve the customer experience when it is officially released."

Therefore I strongly suggest to NOT UPDATE if you receive this version on the store, at least until they officialy release it with the issues solved. I also suggest to disable the automatic updates as mine got updated while I was sleeping!
I've had zero issues with ANY update. I have the new go4 version and it works perfectly.

I've had zero issues with ANY update. I have the new go4 version and it works perfectly.

Did they solve the waypoint issue?

As it appears that there are now at least two 4.1.4 variants (1025428 and 2025428), is there a way to check which variant is installed on my S6?

Last time I flew four days ago, the app was utterly useless, with the aforementioned problems with lagging and scrambling image.

Ps. Auto-update disabled for now.
I flew today two batteries' worth without lag in the app. All good. Just impossible to say, which 4.1.4 variant I've got installed.

I looked at mine and it is 4.1.5 and have had no problems at all so far.
I have not seen anyone mention anything higher than 4.1.4

That is the one, keep trying.
Hi - I have the same problem - trying to revert back to DJI Go4 App version 4.1.3
Went to APK MIrror but couldn't download it.
Could you walk me through the procedure or a possible link to youtube vid that explains it in detail?
Thanks I really would appreciate it - so much problem with the 4.1.4 version - disconnections etc

So I flew mine again last night. Flew saturday for a while with zero problems whatsoever, second flight since update.
Then I flew last night and had a battery status error when I turned everything on, couldnt get it to go away so I flew cautiously for a bit and everything looked good so I went out a little farther. Then started getting some weak signal cautions so I adjusted so the antenna were better and that went away got a low battery warning started heading back home, then I got aircraft disconnected but the I was still receiving video transmission. HD signal strong but was blinking rapidly. On the way back it just pointed the gimbal straight down by itself, ok. So I rotated it back up and it did it again by itself.
Landed it, shut everything down. Powered back up and didnt have the same issues I just flew a feet off the ground and then set it back down. So not sure if it was the app or the battery error that was causing me issues.

Two days ago My DJI Go App had updated itself to 4.1.5 on an Android Oneplus phone, have never updated firmware so still on 01.03.0100. Just made a short test flight, no issues so far.

Two days ago My DJI Go App had updated itself to 4.1.5 on an Android Oneplus phone, have never updated firmware so still on 01.03.0100. Just made a short test flight, no issues so far.
4.1.5 is fine again, yes.

You should however update your firmware, at least to version .700, as many dangerous bugs have been solved since then!

Doesn't the I Pad mini fit in the controller? My Samsung Tab S2 8'' does. It works perfectly btw! I'm not a fan of the screen below the controller configuration, so I bought the Polar Pro phone mount and use my S8+ for flying. The best part is that I can leave my Otterbox case on.

What's wrong with your S2? Or what's wrong with your controller?

My S2 fits just fine. Easily. So does my iPad Mini 4. I much MUCH prefer the S2 over the iPad Mini. It works better, and the screen is crisper and brighter.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman