DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PSA: DO NOT install DJI Go4 version 4.1.4 on Android if you get it!!

CuaC

Reactions
Yesterday I created a post talking about issues I had on Sunday after Saturday's update (Scrambled/laggy image at all times, all distances...). It turned out to be that nobody was receiving that update on Saturday, even on my father's phone it was still installing version 4.1.3.
I have asked in many places, and so far I've found a few more users with different devices that have received the update and are suffering the same issues.

Asked DJI they have replied that:

"The Android version 4.1.4 has not been released officially, only a small part of customers are available to download the test version in Google Play Store. We are working on it to improve the customer experience when it is officially released."

Therefore I strongly suggest to NOT UPDATE if you receive this version on the store, at least until they officialy release it with the issues solved. I also suggest to disable the automatic updates as mine got updated while I was sleeping!

Last edited:
Reactions: falbering
How did you install it if it is not yet official? Have you opted beta program?
I am on 4.1.0. There is no newer version in my Play Store

Reactions: Pmartin50
How did you install it if it is not yet official? Have you opted beta program?
I am on 4.1.0. There is no newer version in my Play Store

I didn't opt into any beta program, I have never been asked about that. It simply popped up as a new version (as it normally does) and my phone updated it directly.

If you're on 4.1.0 it might be an issue with your phone, as the latest stable is 4.1.3! What Android version are you in? Maybe the latest versions are not compatible with your Android version.

Maybe the latest versions are not compatible with your Android version.
Now that would be cool. No more update nagging!

If you're on 4.1.0 it might be an issue with your phone, as the latest stable is 4.1.3! What Android version are you in? Maybe the latest versions are not compatible with your Android version.

I am on android 7.0, samsung s7e

Hello All. I just got my mavic yesterday form eglobaldigitalcameras.com.au (took 3 days to arrive from Hong Kong-fantastic) also bought a Xperia Z5. Anyway downloaded the firmware and have 4.1.3 Go App. Flown twice with no issue and alot of fun.

Hello All. I just got my mavic yesterday form eglobaldigitalcameras.com.au (took 3 days to arrive from Hong Kong-fantastic) also bought a Xperia Z5. Anyway downloaded the firmware and have 4.1.3 Go App. Flown twice with no issue and alot of fun.
4.1.3 is fine. It's 4.1.4 which is giving trouble and it's available only on certain places apparently...

I have the 4.1.3 on a Galaxy S7 Edge and it could not be worse. Constant app crashes and choppy video feed. I've tried every possible fix posted but nothing helps. (two friends with similar Samsung phones are having the same problem). Inexcusable that the app should be so buggy. The app store reviews say it all....one star from the majority of users.

Reactions: punkinhead
What trouble might that be?

I'm using 4.1.4 for my Mavic and Spark and all is good.
Read my first post Pedro. Scrambled and laggy image on the app. I've already contacted a few guys suffering the same issue.

Read my first post Pedro. Scrambled and laggy image on the app. I've already contacted a few guys suffering the same issue.

Err, your first post doesn't mention what the issues are, only that there are issues hence my question..

I'm in the same boat as you, Scott. S7e, 4.1.3, and I RARELY ever have a flight without at least one app crash. Consequently, I wind up not flying far away, always LOS, never low to the ground, etc etc. It's very restricting. I'm considering switching to Litchi.

I have the 4.1.3 on a Galaxy S7 Edge and it could not be worse. Constant app crashes and choppy video feed. I've tried every possible fix posted but nothing helps. (two friends with similar Samsung phones are having the same problem). Inexcusable that the app should be so buggy. The app store reviews say it all....one star from the majority of users.

Reactions: Scott500
I'm in the same boat as you, Scott. S7e, 4.1.3, and I RARELY ever have a flight without at least one app crash. Consequently, I wind up not flying far away, always LOS, never low to the ground, etc etc. It's very restricting. I'm considering switching to Litchi.
Have you tried setting the screen resolution to 1080p? Larger screen resolutions might be problematic. Some people also sets the basic color scheme instead of the adaptative.

Reactions: NCTurner
4.13 for me was terrible.waypoints wouldn't upload and constant disconnects.back to 4.10 all good.

I flew my Mavic Pro last Saturday morning using my Samsung S5 phone and everything was just fine. Today I tried to fly and the video was choppy, software response was delayed, signals dropping out, etc., even after several restarts of the phone, RC, and aircraft! I checked the app and found that DJI Go4 had been updated to 4.1.4 !! I uninstalled the app and reinstalled from the Play Store, and have the 4.1.3 version now, and I will check the results later this morning and report back in. I looked around and did not see where I could disable "Automatic Updates" for the DJI Go4 app only, can someone provide some instructions on that please??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada