DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PSA: DO NOT install DJI Go4 version 4.1.4 on Android if you get it!!

Hey all -- when reporting that Go isn't working, don't just tell us what phone/tablet you're using, also include what version of Android/iOS you're using. Getting incomplete reports doesn't really help in understanding the contributing cause.

I read somewhere Go doesn't work with Android Nougat (ie. v7.0-7.1.2), so that may be what's going on.

Personally, I'm using Go v4.1.3 on OnePlus1 running Marshmallow v6.0.1 and haven't had an issue in 5h of flight.

What I'm curious about: so, what significant changes does Go v4.1.4 include?

I have absolutely no interest if v4.1.4 is forcing a Mavic FW update. (Im sticking with .400 thank you very much)

I read somewhere Go doesn't work with Android Nougat (ie. v7.0-7.1.2), so that may be what's going on.

I updated my P9 Lite to Nougat a couple of weeks ago and after that the Mavic flew without issues, 3 batteries all good. Then on a Saturday I did a stupid error in Active track, but that was just pilot error, no phone or mavic to blame...

I have updated to GO 4.1.4 on both my Sony Xperia XZ running 7.1.1 as well as my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (SM-T810) running 7.0.1 two days ago, but not used it for flying.
Yesterday evening both devices showed a further update with same version number and I installed it.
Curious: I also have a Nexus 6 running 7.1.1 and this one didn't show the update. If I check the play store there is still version 4.1.3.
Because of rain I had no chance yet for testing in flight.

Where do people get prior versions of the app?

Thanks.

Is there any consensus on which prior version was the most stable?

So is 4.1.4 only an issue with the Mavic? I updated my app yesterday for the Spark updates and flew the Spark for about 10 min with no issues. I have not yet flown my Mavic.

I got mine here: DJI GO 4 APKs - APKMirror

My current Go never bugs me about updating, and that's how I prefer it to be.

When I fly with Go, it's with my phone in airplane mode (pun not intended) -- I don't want any updates period. I'd hate to think what would happen if I'd get a forced update when my Mavic is in-flight.

I have this problem on Nvidia Shield K1, Android 6.0.1. I downgraded K1 to Marshmallow about a month ago, to resolve DJI Go 4 app crashes, and it's been rewarding until Tuesday after the app auto-updated. Now, video is laggy, record on/off takes seconds, control is erratic.

So is 4.1.4 only an issue with the Mavic? I updated my app yesterday for the Spark updates and flew the Spark for about 10 min with no issues. I have not yet flown my Mavic.
I couldn't tell, on my side the also seem to have pulled back and released the app again 3 times. So I don't even know what's on the store anymore. I rolled back when 4.1.3 was again available and I'll give it time to go forward.

When I fly with Go, it's with my phone in airplane mode (pun not intended) -- I don't want any updates period. I'd hate to think what would happen if I'd get a forced update when my Mavic is in-flight.
Auto Updates (at least on Android) only kick in on wifi. It's not going to happen while you fly.

I have this problem on Nvidia Shield K1, Android 6.0.1. I downgraded K1 to Marshmallow about a month ago, to resolve DJI Go 4 app crashes, and it's been rewarding until Tuesday after the app auto-updated. Now, video is laggy, record on/off takes seconds, control is erratic.

Yup, 4.1.4 is a mess. They were pulling back and re-releasing the app multiple times since the first time I saw it (Saturday) so I'd suggest to uninstall it and reinstall it. Chances are you either get 4.1.3 and get back to normal, or you get one of the new versions of 4.1.4 and it's finally stable.

DJI admitted on their forums that they released this version unofficialy to certain users without saying a word and admitted their fault, so maybe they fixed the issue by now...

Auto Updates (at least on Android) only kick in on wifi. It's not going to happen while you fly.
Talking of the app pushing DB updates to the aircraft or wanting to update its firmware, not of the app updating itself. It's happened before that NFZ DB updates were applied while in flight without it being visible or requiring confirmation and causing undesirable behavior.

Yesterday I created a post talking about issues I had on Sunday after Saturday's update (Scrambled/laggy image at all times, all distances...). It turned out to be that nobody was receiving that update on Saturday, even on my father's phone it was still installing version 4.1.3.
I have asked in many places, and so far I've found a few more users with different devices that have received the update and are suffering the same issues.

Asked DJI they have replied that:

"The Android version 4.1.4 has not been released officially, only a small part of customers are available to download the test version in Google Play Store. We are working on it to improve the customer experience when it is officially released."

Therefore I strongly suggest to NOT UPDATE if you receive this version on the store, at least until they officialy release it with the issues solved. I also suggest to disable the automatic updates as mine got updated while I was sleeping!
My phone also automatically installed it. Then I went to Play Store and looked at the DJI Go App version and it was 4.1.3. I uninstalled my current 4.1.4 and reinstalled the official version 4.1.3 and immediately disabled Auto-update of DJI Go App in my android settings. Now I'm back to 4.1.3. I guess you can do the same.

I flew my Mavic Pro last Saturday morning using my Samsung S5 phone and everything was just fine. Today I tried to fly and the video was choppy, software response was delayed, signals dropping out, etc., even after several restarts of the phone, RC, and aircraft! I checked the app and found that DJI Go4 had been updated to 4.1.4 !! I uninstalled the app and reinstalled from the Play Store, and have the 4.1.3 version now, and I will check the results later this morning and report back in. I looked around and did not see where I could disable "Automatic Updates" for the DJI Go4 app only, can someone provide some instructions on that please??
Go to your Play Store and find My apps and games. Find DJI Go 4 app in the list and click it. When app page opens there are 3 vertical dots on the upper right hand side. Click these 3 dots and you will see a checkbox showing Auo-update. Just Uncheck this box.

So this morning I have a Go update waiting for my on my phone (Moto G3). After reading this thread yesterday, I checked my installed version (4.1.3) and immediately disabled autoupdate. Any idea whether the version rolling out now is fixed? I like to run the latest of everything, but given the headaches 4.1.4 apparently caused, I'm now hesitant. Anybody update yet?

Thanks -
LP

Yesterday I created a post talking about issues I had on Sunday after Saturday's update (Scrambled/laggy image at all times, all distances...). It turned out to be that nobody was receiving that update on Saturday, even on my father's phone it was still installing version 4.1.3.
I have asked in many places, and so far I've found a few more users with different devices that have received the update and are suffering the same issues.

Asked DJI they have replied that:

"The Android version 4.1.4 has not been released officially, only a small part of customers are available to download the test version in Google Play Store. We are working on it to improve the customer experience when it is officially released."

Therefore I strongly suggest to NOT UPDATE if you receive this version on the store, at least until they officialy release it with the issues solved. I also suggest to disable the automatic updates as mine got updated while I was sleeping!
Just checked. I had an automatic update yesterday to 4.1.4 ! I am new to this and have not had a chance to fly yet as the no fly zones pretty much cover the city. Going to wait till I'm in the Caribbean next month. Thanks for the info. Will install previous version.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan