DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PSA: DO NOT install DJI Go4 version 4.1.4 on Android if you get it!!

I flew my Mavic Pro last Saturday morning using my Samsung S5 phone and everything was just fine. Today I tried to fly and the video was choppy, software response was delayed, signals dropping out, etc., even after several restarts of the phone, RC, and aircraft! I checked the app and found that DJI Go4 had been updated to 4.1.4 !! I uninstalled the app and reinstalled from the Play Store, and have the 4.1.3 version now, and I will check the results later this morning and report back in. I looked around and did not see where I could disable "Automatic Updates" for the DJI Go4 app only, can someone provide some instructions on that please??

Lucky you! That was exactly my issue but I cannot get back to 4.1.3, it still downloads 4.1.4 from the store. To disable automatic updates, search the app on google play, click on the three dots of the upper right corner, untick the option to auto update.

Hmm, no, I haven't tried that, but I will, thanks!

Have you tried setting the screen resolution to 1080p? Larger screen resolutions might be problematic. Some people also sets the basic color scheme instead of the adaptative.

I'm in the same boat as you, Scott. S7e, 4.1.3, and I RARELY ever have a flight without at least one app crash. Consequently, I wind up not flying far away, always LOS, never low to the ground, etc etc. It's very restricting. I'm considering switching to Litchi.
I just had Litchi totally disable control this weekend - had to terminate and run DJI Go to get her back.
Nothing is completely safe I guess - it *is* software and almost by definition is going to have bugs.
It was once explained to me as a software developer that there are only a handful of human grand chess masters - they can mentally calculate up to 7 moves ahead for a very large number of combinations. The game of Go is even higher. This is with relatively few pieces and a limited board size. Developing software in infinitely more complex which is why it is so important to incrementally unit test - but there will always be bugs and unexpected interactions.

I have just checked on the store, and they have pulled back 4.1.4, I can install 4.1.4 again!

Reinstalling version 4.1.3 seems to have fixed all the additional problems from this morning, however, I frequently get "No Signal" and "Aircraft Disconnected" application errors while the aircraft still seems to be under control. If I wanted to install an earlier version (4.1.0?) of DJI Go4, how would I go about that? And then of course, I still need to know how to prevent auto-updates :)

Reinstalling version 4.1.3 seems to have fixed all the additional problems from this morning, however, I frequently get "No Signal" and "Aircraft Disconnected" application errors while the aircraft still seems to be under control. If I wanted to install an earlier version (4.1.0?) of DJI Go4, how would I go about that? And then of course, I still need to know how to prevent auto-updates :)

On autoupdates, go to google play, search for the app, click on the three dots upper right corner and uncheck the option there.

If you have constant disconnections with the phone, it might be your cable, or your USB port. On my S7 I was having issues a few weeks ago until I noticed the USB was connecting only half-way. I crafted an utility from a thin layer of plastic and took all the dirt from inside the USB port, now it goes all the way in and I have had no phone-to-controller disconnections anymore.

Experienced the same issues with Go v 4.1.4 since Sunday. My Moto G5 Plus running android 7.0 autoupdated the DJI Go app. Smeared, blocky and laggy video feed. Unusable for piloting. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the play store to no avail.
The most obvious change in 4.1.4 was the App Splash Screen (Loading screen) it's a photo/ad for the DJI Spark. I also had to wait for some 'complementary files to unzip' or something before using the app.

Going to roll back to 4.1.1 to see if that is better.

I have my android to ask for permission to update and somehow when I went to fly my Mavic sunday night, it was in the middle of updating to 4.1.4. I haven't experienced any weirdness yet. Ill have to test it in the daylight today.

I think the problem is wifi cross talk between all the devices separate the smart phone from the Mavic controller.

When you have all the devices so close you may experience issues. It depends on the smart device.

I just called DJI and he said use 4.1.4 and be sure to calibrate it before flight.

I just called DJI and he said use 4.1.4 and be sure to calibrate it before flight.
They don´t know what they say. On Android they´ve pulled the update back from the clients that got it apparently.

The 4.1.4 version is back on the Store, as a new build. If someone is brave enough to test it, please tell us if it's working lol...

I confirm same issues with Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro. Unexpectedly, I was updated to 4.1.4 and had problems with video signal.
I deleted the app and installed it again from Google Play, then uncheck auto update. I got 4.1.3 and it OK!

Okay so I deleted 4.1.4 just to be safe and reinstalled 4.1.3 but I cannot find where to disable automatic updates.

Okay so I deleted 4.1.4 just to be safe and reinstalled 4.1.3 but I cannot find where to disable automatic updates.

Just click on three dots in the top right corner, on app page:

Attachments

• photo_2017-07-26_17-26-13.jpg
    photo_2017-07-26_17-26-13.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 63
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member