DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pulled the trigger on a Mavic 2 pro

Izzy1965

Reactions
I am deeply saddened about the pilot error that caused my dearest Mavic pro to have been claimed by an unknown condo unit balcony’s owner (or the lobby guy who said all he found was a broken propeller when I obviously know that the drone landed in the balcony because the camera tells me so). Anyway, instead of replacing the drone and not to waste the accessories, I decided to look for a good deal and found a brand new unflown unlinked M2 pro for a grand. Could not be happier as soon as all the updates were performed. This bird will be flown with extra care and like the Mavic pro, will accompany me with my yearly island adventures in Asia. It gives me so much excitement that I finally acquired the best DJI drone out there.

I am deeply saddened about the pilot error that caused my dearest Mavic pro to have been claimed by an unknown condo unit balcony’s owner (or the lobby guy who said all he found was a broken propeller when I obviously know that the drone landed in the balcony because the camera tells me so). Anyway, instead of replacing the drone and not to waste the accessories, I decided to look for a good deal and found a brand new unflown unlinked M2 pro for a grand. Could not be happier as soon as all the updates were performed. This bird will be flown with extra care and like the Mavic pro, will accompany me with my yearly island adventures in Asia. It gives me so much excitement that I finally acquired the best DJI drone out there.
Wait. Mavic pro first gen lost and you are buying a Mavic 2 pro? Aren’t the batteries different? Controller too?

You will be happy with the 2. Just remember if flying in close proximity of things like trees and water towers, use Tripod mode for all-around obstruction protection. I hit the side of a water tower and when making a claim for equipment failure, I was told sideways works only with Tripod on.
Enjoy.

Reactions: Izzy1965
I just looked up the Mavic 2 Pro and noticed the low operating temperature was 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
That doesn't seem right for northerners.

I just looked up the Mavic 2 Pro and noticed the low operating temperature was 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
That doesn't seem right for northerners.
I’m not sure where you read that but it is not accurate. According to the manual the low end of the operating range is +14F.

I guess Best Buy is wrong. The info I gave you comes directly from the manual.
Yeah I believe you I see them flying on mountain tops in the snow. I'm just curious how they could have that information, they obviously wouldn't make up all those specks.
Will check it out.

Reactions: Camino Ken
I wonder if they've misread the DJI specs and missed the minus because 50 degrees fahrenheit is 10 degrees celsius and the minimum operating temperature on the DJI site is -10 degrees:

I wonder if they've misread the DJI specs and missed the minus because 50 degrees fahrenheit is 10 degrees celsius and the minimum operating temperature on the DJI site is -10 degrees:

Yeah, none of the numbers match. DJI has the AC operating at -10C = 14F, to 40C = 104F, and the controller operating at 0 degrees C = 32F to 40c = 104F.
Luckily I live in Florida, but we are pushing the heat index of 104 lately.

Yes the MP2 is a superior drone to the MP1
A good upgrade but not without its owne
Deficiency .....and if not careful
Could result in loss and or damage
( please read “ los of signal characteristics”)

.... and will say most times
I will fly my MP1 first and last on most of my flight days
Because my MP1 is my go to bird.!
The MP2 is nice but........

..... cR

Is there a 'regular' time of year DJI comes out with new models? Anyone know?

Is there a 'regular' time of year DJI comes out with new models? Anyone know?

The original Mavic Pro was released in October four years ago and the Mavic 2 series was released late August two years ago. That could mean we'll see a proper Mavic 3 leak soon but it's far from any sort of guarantee especially as Covid19 may have caused delays or DJI may change the range and there's no new Mavic 3 at all. Right now there's been no genuine information on it so we're all in the dark.

Reactions: jag32266
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54