DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Punta del Este | South America's Monaco

Korrd

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
I am living the digital nomad life, which means I get to see a new town every month or so. Today I fly Punta del Este, Uruguay. A resort city which is known as the Monaco of South America.

Enjoy!

I have the very same question. Seems you had the freedom of the skies and took full advantage of that as the film is very well flown and shot. Thank you.

Reactions: Korrd
Risk factor was negligible since the city is empty of people at the moment (Punta del Este is seasonal, 90% for rent and occupied only between Dec-February, which is southern hemisphere summer. If you pay attention to the buildings filmed, most of them are closed and those with open windows show mostly empty condos), and there is no air traffic over the city since local airports are closed.
I also talked to Uruguayan police and they had no issue with it as long as I didn't violate people's privacy.

Uruguayan drone laws are super chill by comparison to, say Europe or UE.

Nice Flight!! Good look around. Glad you have some relaxed rules there.

Thanks!

Watched in 4K...quality was fantastic (had to watch it again).
Enjoyed day/night/day transition at 1:20.
Impressed by your hands free flying there atop the rocky foreshore.
Keep them coming mate...from Down Under.

Reactions: Korrd
Thanks!

I've discovered that whenever you follow the 180 degree rule, and ensure proper lighting, white balance and adequate flying speed/parallax for those settings, then video quality seems way better.

Auto-flying the rocky spot left much to be desired. Out of 10 minutes of footage on POI mode, that small clip was all I felt I could use.
The Air 2 has a tendency to lose the subject and switch to GPS target, then it begins to drift and its orbits become either elongated or erratic at best. Posing while doing that means you must stop, correct, then start again. It's frustrating. I would have loved having someone with me to pilot it, yet I know no other drone pilot in the flesh.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer