DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Purchasing a used Mini 1!

@Spikes Mavic ,firstly welcome to the forum
as a former owner of the Mini 1 then as a starter drone to get into the hobby then it would be ok
it has some shortcomings mainly to do with lack of power ,and its ability to make headway in any sort of wind,so that in itself restricts its use ,also it was DJI's first foray into the Sub 250g part of the drone market ,and as such it did not have a lot going for its self ,although to be fair it was way ahead of anything else around at the time
as with all electronic devices the market moves at a quick pace and since its concept ,there have been many improvements
if funds are not an issue then maybe a used Mini 2 would be a better bet ,as it is a much more capable drone
the price is fair for the drone with the Fly more combo i would offer £150 and see if it is accepted
and yes it has been out for a while, i purchased mine in 2019 just after it was released

When you have done the initial search on ebay for "DJI Mavic Mini" click on the "advanced" button, which is to the right of the "search" button, then tick "completed items" and run the 'new' search. Compare the price against items with GREEN prices, green prices indicate a sale.
At a quick skim £180 seems a little bit low but not the cheapest.
I do not like the fact that, with the drone switched on, the seller has the gimbal cover on the gimbal.
Questions to ask, the charge count on each battery, the seller can get those from the app but they will have to check each battery separately. You might also ask for the milage and total flight time but those depend on how many logs are left on the phone, i.e. they are not necessarily accurate.
The Mavic Mini is a reasonable drone but not great in the windy conditions and you need to know how to deal with wind if you encounter it. I still have mine and fly it regularly, in fact its my most flown drone.
The mini 2 is better (slightly better 'wind resistance', a 4k camera and arguably a nicer controller but probably about £100 more expensive.

Ahh I see OMM and I basically said the same thing at near enough the same time

Last edited:
Hello spike, firstly check that your mobile is compatable with the mini 1, if not i have a mini 1 flymore combo + compatable phone that might interest you.
What phone and what sort of price are you thinking about? Via what method would you want paying?
No I am not competition for Spike.

Your point about checking for phone compatibility is a good one.

hello again spike the phone offered with would be the pixel 2, altho it is the fly more combo it would only come with two batteries, but i would throw in a yugi r/c range extender foc, as to the price, £200.00 plus postage, have a think or make an offer
What phone and what sort of price are you thinking about? Via what method would you want paying?
No I am not competition for Spike.

Your point about checking for phone compatibility is a good one.
hya yorkshire, see reply to spike below, pay pal, bank transfer or cheque postage after clearance of cheque

@Spikes Mavic ,firstly welcome to the forum
as a former owner of the Mini 1 then as a starter drone to get into the hobby then it would be ok
it has some shortcomings mainly to do with lack of power ,and its ability to make headway in any sort of wind,so that in itself restricts its use ,also it was DJI's first foray into the Sub 250g part of the drone market ,and as such it did not have a lot going for its self ,although to be fair it was way ahead of anything else around at the time
as with all electronic devices the market moves at a quick pace and since its concept ,there have been many improvements
if funds are not an issue then maybe a used Mini 2 would be a better bet ,as it is a much more capable drone
the price is fair for the drone with the Fly more combo i would offer £150 and see if it is accepted
and yes it has been out for a while, i purchased mine in 2019 just after it was released
I agree with OMM that the Mini-1 is a fine little aircraft. I had one too.

I also agree that if you can swing the (small) extra cost, a used Mini2 would be a better choice. Vastly better camera + OS2.

But you wouldn't go far wrong with that Mini-1 combo at that price. If you don't like droning after you try it, you could always re-sell it.

@Spikes Mavic a great decision going for the Mini 2 fly more ,and you will not be disappointed with it ,a great way to get into drone ownership
dont forget to get your Operator ID from the CAA web site and display it on your drone ,and while your at it do the free flyer ID test as well, its very easy, and will give you a good insight into flying your drone within the UK rules
enjoy your new hobby

@Spikes Mavic a great decision going for the Mini 2 fly more ,and you will not be disappointed with it ,a great way to get into drone ownership
dont forget to get your Operator ID from the CAA web site and display it on your drone ,and while your at it do the free flyer ID test as well, its very easy, and will give you a good insight into flying your drone within the UK rules
enjoy your new hobby
Hi
Yes have got both Flyer id and Operator id ( £10) for one year

cheers
Spike

@Spikes Mavic great stuff, i also replied to your other thread, using your smart phone with a drone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown