DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Purchasing Questions

EmeraldCoast

Reactions
Hello from NW Florida! Hard decision between Pro and Zoom but I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Pro. What's the difference between buying straight from DJI or from somewhere like Amazon? Is the Refresh program recommended by you guys or is there a better method or insurance? Thanks!
David

...What's the difference between buying straight from DJI or from somewhere like Amazon?...
The forum has gone back and fourth as to who to buy from. At first the direct DJI purchasers were first to receive but now it seems like demand has exceeded supply so it is no longer the case. DJI is notorious for not mentioning a stock problem. They will process your payment and just not ship (happened to me). They are good about cancelling your order and crediting your card, as long as they do not show it shipped. Personally, I would purchase from a DJI authorized dealer with a good return policy. There are some online sellers that will not charge sales tax. If from Amazon, make sure it is backed by Amazon in case you need to return it. I noticed the second Amazon listing shows a "DJI Mavic 2 Pro Zoom Drone Quadcopter with 24-48mm Optical Zoom Camera", which is wrong. It is either a M2 Pro or a M2 Zoom but not both. The picture shows a M2P but the specs listed are for a M2Z. Paying by credit card should get you some more leverage if you need to return it.
... Is the Refresh program recommended by you guys or is there a better method or insurance?...
A lot of owners in the states have insurance through State Farm. At around $65 per year it covers replacement even if lost (sunk) where with Refresh you need to provide a wreck to repair/replace plus extra cash if you use it. It would be worth it to see if you can get it in your area. If not, Refresh is a good alternative.

Last edited:
some people prefer StateFarm as insurance option. Others happy with DJI refresh.
As of where to buy.....If you can get one of those amazon credit cards you can get some discount right away plus 5% back which is also sweet on large purchase like mavic 2.

Hello from NW Florida! Hard decision between Pro and Zoom but I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Pro. What's the difference between buying straight from DJI or from somewhere like Amazon? Is the Refresh program recommended by you guys or is there a better method or insurance? Thanks!
David

Just watch this :
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wow... Thank you guys. I was waffling between the two but the 1" sensor issues make it an easier choice. I'm going to check with Allstate tomorrow so I will know if I need the Refresh program or not. Has anyone found the "Best Deal" on a Zoom and Flymore or Zoom and extra batteries? I saw another Amazon ad that showed a Pro and gave the description of the Zoom. Makes me nervous about trusting them with my $$. Thanks again! David

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BugHunter