DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Put it off but now ones route!

JDJHNTR

Reactions
Hello to all. Been putting off the whole drone thing for several years now. I already have a couple terribly expensive hobbies as it is but I guess you could say I used this whole “lockdown” thing as an excuse! Anyway, a good friend has the Mavic Pro and I’ve flown it a couple times so I have a Slightly used ( under 10hrs ) unit in route. With my aging eyes (53yo) I also purchased an iPad mini 4.
The unit is coming with 3 battery’s, extra props, filters, 4 port charger and a few smaller items. I also have a hard case ordered to hold/store everything. I’m in the market for a mount for the iPad mini naturally but I’ll ask that question in the appropriate section unless you’d like to give some advice here.
Anyway, I live in a small delta town in west central MS. Flying from my backyard is excellent. Im looking forward to learning from the group. Thank you all for any and all input along this journey.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. You will find all sorts of support and suggestions to enjoy your new "hobby". You may be like my brother--in-law, who collects hobbies. In considering a mount, I have enjoyed my Mavmount. Solid, well constructed, and very versatile. Give them a look. Enjoy your hobby. We look forward to your view of the world.

Night vision and Thermals!
My wife gave me a FLIR handheld some years ago for use at night on our boat. AMAZING what you can see in the dark! But I couldn't call it a hobby for me. What do you do with them? Did you consider buying a Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual with thermal camera, or is that camera just not up to the level you usually use? It was too pricey for me with no real economic purpose, but...Oh wait, that also describes my M2P!

My wife gave me a FLIR handheld some years ago for use at night on our boat. AMAZING what you can see in the dark! But I couldn't call it a hobby for me. What do you do with them? Did you consider buying a Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual with thermal camera, or is that camera just not up to the level you usually use? It was too pricey for me with no real economic purpose, but...Oh wait, that also describes my M2P!

I use my NV/thermals for crop protection. I live in the middle of the south delta agricultural belt and I’m in the AG business myself. Wild hog are a huge probelm in most southern states and do billions of dollars in crop damage annually. The thermal drone is high on my list but I’m using this Mavic Pro to get my feet wet so to speak.

Hello to all. Been putting off the whole drone thing for several years now. I already have a couple terribly expensive hobbies as it is but I guess you could say I used this whole “lockdown” thing as an excuse! Anyway, a good friend has the Mavic Pro and I’ve flown it a couple times so I have a Slightly used ( under 10hrs ) unit in route. With my aging eyes (53yo) I also purchased an iPad mini 4.
The unit is coming with 3 battery’s, extra props, filters, 4 port charger and a few smaller items. I also have a hard case ordered to hold/store everything. I’m in the market for a mount for the iPad mini naturally but I’ll ask that question in the appropriate section unless you’d like to give some advice here.
Anyway, I live in a small delta town in west central MS. Flying from my backyard is excellent. Im looking forward to learning from the group. Thank you all for any and all input along this journey.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52