Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pygtech filters?

Ben_McPhee

Reactions
Anyone use these? Thoughts?

Besides Polar Pro, any other good suggestions? Preferably:

1. Excellent image quality.
2. Price friendly (But I'd rather pay more than use image destroying filters).

Also, the filters in the fly more kit. How are they? (Wasn't planning on getting the FM kit, but knowing they're in there, it's starting to look good.

I agree on Freewell. Have a set on my M2 and MA and no problems.
I also have Skyreat, which seem to the untrained eye to be a higher build quality than freewell. But I dont think you can go wrong with either.
Skyreat Mavic Air 2 Filter Set

Moment is great too . Whats your opinion as far as moment vs freewell assuming you have (tried) freewells
I haven't tried freewell and guess what I don't have an optics lab so me saying how great they are would be of little value.
I recommend Moment because it' a great company the owner flies drones and takes great care to bring great quality.

Also, for what its worth, ive not used pygtech filters however ive purchased other accessories from them and id say they are decent . Theyre gimbal protector has a tendency to be seen at the edge of the screen when you move especially moving forward . But it protects the gimbal like it says .their landing gear extentions are just fine they snap in great and mine never fell off or anything however if you end up crashing you might be back on rhw market for new extensions. I hope this helps from an averall quality point of view . I belive they make good profucts atba great price whereas it sounds like your looking for a great product for a good price in which i would recommend the freewell filters they have a rubber seal sovwhen you thread it on you can feel the seal whereas the Moment filter i have has straight threats and doesnt gradually get tighter but rather threads easily and suddenly stops because theres no seal/cushion . Not thats theres anythijg wrong with that , its just a personal preference at that point.

I haven't tried freewell and guess what I don't have an optics lab so me saying how great they are would be of little value.
I recommend Moment because it' a great company the owner flies drones and takes great care to bring great quality.
Not sure if youre if the sarcasm was meant in a passive aggressive manner or if you were just stating something but i did say "assuming you tried" them buddy im well aware its very much possible you havent tried them . I was asking more for myself because i jave a moment filter as well so i was just asking a question. And also i never said for you to say how great they are . I literally asked whats your opinion between the two assuming youve tried both . . A simple "ive never tried them " woulda came across a little less rude . I dont have an optics lab either even tho i didnt ask that but i have tried both brands and both are about equal in my opinion. Just thought I'd get your thoughts on it . Didnt ask for a free plug dude . Didnt ask for a weird maybe passive aggresive "and guess what.." sarcastic response as if im asking for your sought after opinion . Maybe thats not how you intended it to sound but the whole guess what sarcasm followedbup with an assumption that i want you to say how amazing a brand is kinda seems bitter. But either way ifnyou dont have an optics lab then who am isupposed to ask about photography related questions ?? Youre SUPPOSED to be the man ! ... now im just bustin your balls man im sure you werent trying to be bitter

Not sure if youre if the sarcasm was meant in a passive aggressive manner or if you were just stating something but i did say "assuming you tried" them buddy im well aware its very much possible you havent tried them . I was asking more for myself because i jave a moment filter as well so i was just asking a question. And also i never said for you to say how great they are . I literally asked whats your opinion between the two assuming youve tried both . . A simple "ive never tried them " woulda came across a little less rude . I dont have an optics lab either even tho i didnt ask that but i have tried both brands and both are about equal in my opinion. Just thought I'd get your thoughts on it . Didnt ask for a free plug dude . Didnt ask for a weird maybe passive aggresive "and guess what.." sarcastic response as if im asking for your sought after opinion . Maybe thats not how you intended it to sound but the whole guess what sarcasm followedbup with an assumption that i want you to say how amazing a brand is kinda seems bitter. But either way ifnyou dont have an optics lab then who am isupposed to ask about photography related questions ?? Youre SUPPOSED to be the man ! ... now im just bustin your balls man im sure you werent trying to be bitter
No at all just stating the facts nothing to do with you at all.
I tend to be openly hostile rather than passive aggressive :)
It just kills me in many places when I see testimonials that have no basis to them whatsoever.
I got some pygtech drone legs for free when I bought my M2P and they were awful they just fell off so I tend to avoid that brand.
(The polar pro ones work fine)
Which doesn't mean their filter are not good.

I wish I had an optics lab. DXO does not seem interested in testing drone stuff which is too bad.
None of the Mavic cameras are what anyone who understands sensors would call great, it would just be interesting to see how they compare.

Anyone use these? Thoughts?

Besides Polar Pro, any other good suggestions? Preferably:

1. Excellent image quality.
2. Price friendly (But I'd rather pay more than use image destroying filters).

Also, the filters in the fly more kit. How are they? (Wasn't planning on getting the FM kit, but knowing they're in there, it's starting to look good.
No at all just stating the facts nothing to do with you at all.
I tend to be openly hostile rather than passive aggressive :)
It just kills me in many places when I see testimonials that have no basis to them whatsoever.
I got some pygtech drone legs for free when I bought my M2P and they were awful they just fell off so I tend to avoid that brand.
(The polar pro ones work fine)
Which doesn't mean their filter are not good.

I wish I had an optics lab. DXO does not seem interested in testing drone stuff which is too bad.
None of the Mavic cameras are what anyone who understands sensors would call great, it would just be interesting to see how they compare.
Hi Ben, I have a set from Pgytech on order, will let you know when I’ve tried them.

Graham.
PGYTech nd/pl filters arrived earlier, took a week from China. The odd one in the magnetic carrying case is the guard supplied on the gimbal. Build quality looks fine, 8, 16, 32 & 64 filters. All for £51.
The case has a clever magnetic lid, that attaches to the underside when you access the case.
Very pleased with them, just need to get out and try them.
cheers graham.
Forgot too add, comes with a lifetime warranty ?
C734D821-CD81-4F97-9576-85B6E33D5192.jpeg

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard