DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Q’s and A’s New Smart Controller

Starz
Do you have link for that screw? Or an official name or description that could be used for internet search? Very clean solution.
I made them. The issue is that DJI has used an odd size mounting hole for attaching something to the sc. Would have been much easier if they went 1/4-20 thread like all camera gear has for decades. I made the ones in the picture. Post #21. I will be making a few more if you need some.

Hi Starz,
Thank you very much. The only problem is that I live in Spain but my wife's son lives in Florida. I can send you his address and I will see him in May. Is there a way to message you directly or privately or email?
If you would like, I can send you two of these. Just need an address.

73d34d10b1773f55e8f0a34ee6aa2b01.jpg

M4-10mm Metric

79c3c362334c292762889e136d652d79.jpg

Hi Starz,
Thank you very much. The only problem is that I live in Spain but my wife's son lives in Florida. I can send you his address and I will see him in May. Is there a way to message you directly or privately or email?

Upper right corner is an envelope symbol. Click on that to start private conversation.

One thing I’m having problems is configuration to the 5-way button to adjust the ev in manual mode, will not work, only works in auto,s,but not in manual, this sucks I like to adjust without using f , sweet spot in Aperture is 5.6 keeping that and using 5-way button to adjust ev is what I’m use to on reg controller, dji needs to address

I was viewing a tutorial on smoothing things (gimbal, yaw) out. He mentions TRIPOD mode. And it shows up when he opens Intelligent Flight modes. I don't see that option.

I see normal, hyperlapse, quickshot, activetrack, point of interest, waypoints, tapfly and cinematic mode.

If I slide the selector switch to tripod mode, I get "intelligent flight modes have not been enabled...Enable in your main controller settings if needed"

First, the drone is sitting inside, not flying and no gps, so maybe that has something to do with it. I went through (search) both the Smart Manual and the Drone Manual.

Any help appreciated.

There is a setting in the app that you need to enable for intelligent flight modes.

There is a setting in the app that you need to enable for intelligent flight modes.

Yes, there is. There are 1,000's of settings (g)

I thought I had pressed every option, menu, button both physical and touch-screen.... But there it was on the 50th go-around! That's what happens when it is 18F in the morning. The gray gray matter is frozen!

Thanks for getting me to look around one more time. I even took a screenshot so that it might be possible to find it again.

I have purchased one very similar to this one in your link and using it. It is somewhat to large. Still looking for something nicer.

We all do seem to be into the ultimate aesthetics of a lanyard attachment. Don't want to get into the "form over function" argument. Obviously, we are still in the early days of the Smart Controller and lanyards, both neck and wrist.

Reactions: RogerMav
Very true. [emoji1303]
We all do seem to be into the ultimate aesthetics of a lanyard attachment. Don't want to get into the "form over function" argument. Obviously, we are still in the early days of the Smart Controller and lanyards, both neck and wrist.

I have purchased one very similar to this one in your link and using it. It is somewhat to large. Still looking for something nicer.
i do not care about nicer part - but as it took me whole 3min to do, it works for me just fine. it is a wrist band from the marcopolo unit.
bolt`s head is smooth and does not scratch, and nothing protrudes at all.

2019-02-06 14.34.39.jpg

Reactions: RogerMav
So , i guess i ask it here, as it is not worth adding a new thread...

cold anybody test and confirm - IF you connect your SC to the local 5.8ghz wifi network, and set your image transmission quality to HD - in the AUTO DUAL mode - do you get an excessive stuttering of the image on your controler`s screen as you move around? as when i fly outside i am not on wifi. but i just did it close to my house while still having connection up to my router - pretty far from it - and results were horrible. dunno if it was due to overall amount of wireless networks in the neighborhood, but, the quality of the footage it recorded on the controller`s SD card is unwatchable - it stutters badly and i saw same stuttering on the screen. never saw anything like that when i flew on the field and i flew pretty far away with no issues having HD quality set. not sure how to troubleshoot it, yet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki