DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Q’s and A’s New Smart Controller

Starz

Premium Pilot
Reactions
There seems to be quite a few areas of discussion on this new controller. It will help everyone if there is one place to pose questions and hopefully get the information needed to answer those issues by others that may have already found solutions. Please post those thoughts here so we all can benefit. Thanks.

The first one that comes to mind is, we need a lanyard to keep this from falling out of our hands. Two screw holes at the bottom could hold some kind of loop that would screw into those holes. Anyone know of a camera cord that may work? All I could think of when I first used this thing was the death grip I had on it so it wouldn’t fall out of my hands!

Reactions: Former Member
ff22 asked about what app he needed to have on his phone to use the share feature. Confirmed that it is the go4 app. It needs to be the latest version. And it does work easily to pull photos and videos out of the sc and load onto another device.

I will move/copy my questions here.

Accessing Smart Controller's internal or sd-card files via usb?

I have plugged a cable from my computer into the bottom (usb micro c) port. I hear the usb-clang and I get a prompt - basically: charge, share files, share photos. But nothing shows up on my Win7 computer when "sharing files". I'd like access to what's stored in Internal Memory and when I add an sd-card, I'd like access to what gets stored there.

If I change to "share photos" I see two folders but they are both empty. I was just able to copy files to those folders and can view them on the SC.

What am I doing wrong?

The first one that comes to mind is, we need a lanyard to keep this from falling out of our hands. Two screw holes at the bottom could hold some kind of loop that would screw into those holes. Anyone know of a camera cord that may work? All I could think of when I first used this thing was the death grip I had on it so it wouldn’t fall out of my hands!

Search eBay for :

Sunnylife Lanyard Neck Strap for DJI Smart Controller MAVIC 2 PRO & ZOOM Drone

$10 bucks but sold and shipped from China

Or this one from the USA, but the sellers feedback isnt that great:

Portable Shoulder Neck Lanyard Sling Belt For DJI Mavic 2 Pro Remote Control US

Something like this only with 4mmx.7 pitch thread. With this, you could attach a small wrist strap on both sides.96275DCA-2D3E-46C6-8C06-0836A5A44D15.png

that one above is not a metric 4mm, it is a 1/4" thread. most likely not going to go.

but, as i have a ton of those SLR base screws and i completely forgot about them - i will try now, will find some manfrotto stuff and will check if it fits. :)

The picture is reference only. That’s the problem. All I can find is the 1/4 20 stuff. The sc holes are 4mmx.7

How to share photos from the Smart Controller. On the regular controller/tablet - there was an Email share option

With the original controller and my Samsung tab (wifi only) when I previewed a picture (the triangle icon below the camera settings icon), there was an option to share the image. Obviously, my Tab had email setup so that I could attach the photo to an email (within wifi range).

The Smart Controller, as it comes, obviously does not have email. Maybe that's why there is no share option. Is there a way to overcome this limitation? Is there an email client that can be installed?

I know there is some "share" function but it involves qr codes and installing an app on my cellphone or some such. But I would like to possibly share them with my sister in Los Angeles or others also remote from me.

Having lots of problems with the M2P (won’t update firmware either through Go app or direct connection) and the controller (screen goes blank). It turns out that the screen sleep feature was set at 1 minute at the factory. No matter what button I pressed, including power, whether long press or short press, nothing brought it out of sleep except rebooting or plugging in a “live” usb cord that was also plugged into a computer. It happened on my first test flight, too. Luckily I was in a screened enclosure. I had not touched the screen, but was using control inputs the entire time. Why would the screen go to sleep?

Finally today, on about the 9th or 10th try, the M2P firmware upgrade was successful. It had failed multiple times using the Go4 app on the smart controller, at least 3 times from my MacBook Pro, and twice on my iMac before finally being successful. Procedure followed was the same every time. I hope this doesn't happen at every firmware update. Granted, the method seems more modern than the way I used to have to upgrade my Inspire1, but that at least worked most of the time.

Seems no one is trying to gain access to the SC's file system? Also seems that no one is trying to share flight photos to other friends.

I think the wrist strap is the way to go.
I’ll dig into the old GoPro stuff and see what I have.

I think the wrist strap is the way to go.
I’ll dig into the old GoPro stuff and see what I have.

Yea it's basically the same thing I did with the Crystalsky. I bet I have a dozen of those stupid straps laying around! BTW I went ahead and found a small pan head screw so I didn't need to remove it when I put it in my case.1548896583519518563887825218101.jpg

Where'd you get a METRIC like that? I guess my hardware store is not as full-service?

But I do plan on getting some longer metric screws that will replace a controller joystick in an emergency. Yes, I have the spares that shipped with it but I plan to keep those safe. I will just toss the longer screws into the bottom of the bag and not worry about them getting lost for 60 or 70 cents.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.