DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about a used Mavic Pro

Merccooper

Reactions
Hi all
Im looking at buying a used mavic pro. The owner says it has not been in any crashes or hard landings. He says the props are a little scratched up from normal use. I zoomed in on the props and can see, what looks to me, to be a lot of scratches on the tips. Attached is a picture. Does this look like normal use?
Thanks for your input!
ad7d3d64160ec37bbb4792cc03856984.jpg

I zoomed in on the props and can see, what looks to me, to be a lot of scratches on the tips
That could have happened after even one flight. Unfortunately, looking at the props is not going to reveal the condition of the drone. It does tell you the props need to be replaced though.

Thanks for your input msinger. In the seller’s posting he said:
“there is some light wear on the blades just from folding them.”
I think it is likely a dishonest statement so I don’t think I’ll trust him when he says “It’s been lightly used for videography and it has never been crashed”

Thanks for your input msinger. In the seller’s posting he said:
I think it is likely a dishonest statement so I don’t think I’ll trust him when he says “It’s been lightly used for videography and it has never been crashed”
Ask him to send pictures of the drone itself.

Reactions: msinger
In the seller’s posting he said:
The wear marks on the end of the props likely came from the props striking something. That doesn't necessarily mean the drone was crashed.

One of the big mistakes Mavic Pro users make is flying without the use of a landing pad. That's a very foolish thing to do because of the closeness to the ground that MPs operate from. When they do, they suck up sand and debris and erode the propeller surfaces. What you're seeing here is a good example. The props can be easily replaced, but I would suspect that the same debris has also been sucked into the drone itself by the cooling fans. What damage was caused there? -Another important question that needs answering, and should be reflected in the value of the drone.

Voice your concern with the drone owner, then make a ridiculous offer.

Hi all
Im looking at buying a used mavic pro. The owner says it has not been in any crashes or hard landings. He says the props are a little scratched up from normal use. I zoomed in on the props and can see, what looks to me, to be a lot of scratches on the tips. Attached is a picture. Does this look like normal use?
Thanks for your input!
ad7d3d64160ec37bbb4792cc03856984.jpg
I would call it slightly more than normal wear and tear. They actually look like my prop tips! What really counts is the condition of the drone itself. If you have close-up pics that look good, don't discard the deal because of the props. That would be like turning down a used car deal because the tires had scuff marks on them.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu