DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about Airmaps Pt 107 vs Hobby

docster

Reactions
So when I am in Airmaps, in a particular location I like to fly, there are 4 helipads around it. They are all just landing pads on the top of the hospitals. Now Airmaps pulls them up when flying as a hobbiest as a caution and to contact. Of course you can call a million times and no one answers. However, if you click that you are flying Pt 107, it gives you the green arrow, good to go. What gives? I am not 107 cert yet, but working on it.

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

2a0e52fdccc60464fda5e116c24fe096.jpg

a2e3f59e5e7c56827ca73ca5bb90b89f.jpg

So when I am in Airmaps, in a particular location I like to fly, there are 4 helipads around it. They are all just landing pads on the top of the hospitals. Now Airmaps pulls them up when flying as a hobbiest as a caution and to contact. Of course you can call a million times and no one answers. However, if you click that you are flying Pt 107, it gives you the green arrow, good to go. What gives? I am not 107 cert yet, but working on it.

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

2a0e52fdccc60464fda5e116c24fe096.jpg

a2e3f59e5e7c56827ca73ca5bb90b89f.jpg
Part 107 can fly in class G airspace without any notification. Most small airports and helipads are class G.

I'm in Seattle, and nothing changes whether I am 107 or not. Still need to call a bunch of places - and none of them answer.

What are you even supposed to do if NOBODY EVER ANSWERS?!

I'm in Seattle, and nothing changes whether I am 107 or not. Still need to call a bunch of places - and none of them answer.

What are you even supposed to do if NOBODY EVER ANSWERS?!

The way I see it if no one answers there's nothing more you need to do. You made the attempt and if anyone ever tried to do an investigation it would show on your phone records that you made an attempt to contact.

The way I see it if no one answers there's nothing more you need to do. You made the attempt and if anyone ever tried to do an investigation it would show on your phone records that you made an attempt to contact.

That may be the way YOU see it. I don't know how the FAA/police/hangman see it, sadly. :(

Be interesting to know what the rule is there..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kon_boz