DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about Costco Deal

Hi all, looking at buying the Mavic Pro bundle from Costco.com. They want $999.99 for the drone. Whats everyone's thoughts on that price? As well, Is an I pad compatible with this drone? Not sure how it would connect up. Please educate me guys. Thanks!

So is that $999 CDN, including all GST/PST?

This is the typical mavic Pro with the addition of a case and prop guards. It has the addition of the bag and prop guards only for 999 us. That is the bonus

This is the mount I have for my iPad Air-2

cb49c55cf525041ccce9ef224e03c9cd.jpg

It's designed to use with your phone, not your iPad. There are third party iPad holders, but you will sacrifice some portability to use them.

Keep in mind that just because you own it you cant just fly it as high as you want, legally. In Canada you are height restricted to 90 metres. There are many other restrictions as well. All a quick Google search away. That might be a good place to start before you make a buying decision.
Not so true here..... I learned the hard way. I have a Ipad mini 2 thats fits into the standard RC arms..... I fell for the " You must buy a ipad mount"...... :-(

Not so true here..... I learned the hard way. I have a Ipad mini 2 thats fits into the standard RC arms..... I fell for the " You must buy a ipad mount"...... :-(
Just an FYI, I have read previously that by extending the arms outward like that it puts a stress on the holder pieces and could eventually crack the casing of the RC.

False, It is designed to open that wide and hold the mini
Also I would like to note that it was obviously not designed to go in that angle because if that were the case then the side cable would be straight on to the plug or the port whichever you want to call it oh, and there was also another thread that had mentioned that the corner of their mini had actually cracked under the stress of that small piece just being supported. Again just another FYI!

Here is mine using an iPad Mini 4, 128GB, WiFi only and the best cable to connect them. ($15 at Fry's Electronics)
The Mini 4 actually fits better and easier than the previous Mini 2 because it is slightly thinner.
It is held very securely by the clamps with no danger of it falling out.
20170929_092219.jpg 20170929_093347.jpg

Honestly the Fly More package is the best deal - I use everything in it.
Extra props, 4 battery charging hub, 12v car charger, 2 extra batteries and the case.

It's designed to use with your phone, not your iPad. There are third party iPad holders, but you will sacrifice some portability to use them.

Keep in mind that just because you own it you cant just fly it as high as you want, legally. In Canada you are height restricted to 90 metres. There are many other restrictions as well. All a quick Google search away. That might be a good place to start before you make a buying decision.
Ipad mini 4 works works no adaptor.

500 meters from take off is max . Be aware of FAA guidelines of 400 feet etc...
I'm thinking this guy is Canadian and the it's 90M or 395 feet in Canada, plus you can't be flying within 25M, 80 feet of buildings, cars, or people, as
well as 7Km from an airport.

Buy it, but read on the internet and this site for 2-3 weeks before unleashing it. I was unfamiliar and did just that. Glad I did. Tons of Youtube videos too. I have not crashed YET!! It is the coolest thing to be flying and looking down and around you. enjoy!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev