DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about Costco Deal

Hi all, looking at buying the Mavic Pro bundle from Costco.com. They want $999.99 for the drone. Whats everyone's thoughts on that price? As well, Is an I pad compatible with this drone? Not sure how it would connect up. Please educate me guys. Thanks!
That's a good price and if anything goes wrong you can return it to Costco. I bought mine on amazon but I think it came from a dealer in California.(?) If anything goes wrong with my mavic I'm not sure how to return it or if it's possible to return it.

So, if you were to fly this model straight up, how much altitude would you get out of a stock model?
I adjusted the height maximum and took it up to 1700' which is as far as it will go. (I was in the middle of Idaho on a ranch at that height)

It's designed to use with your phone, not your iPad. There are third party iPad holders, but you will sacrifice some portability to use them.

Keep in mind that just because you own it you cant just fly it as high as you want, legally. In Canada you are height restricted to 90 metres. There are many other restrictions as well. All a quick Google search away. That might be a good place to start before you make a buying decision.

You can get good quality metal adaptors at www.drone-world.com. You can get great cables including a 1 foot for all your Phantom 3 and 4 Users made by Anker and they sell them on Amazon.com. The cables are about $9.00 and have an 18-month warranty in lengths of 1 fot 3 ft 6 ft 9 ft. Can hold 185lbs and bend tested either 6,000 or 12,000 times.. You can't beat Anker. You can tell a Nubie if they have a six-foot iPhone charging cable from their controller to their iPad... ugh get the correct cable.

Wanna sell that bag? Since you aren't using it?

It's pretty typical of Costco-style bundling. They sell products with a couple offerings that are not available as a bundle elsewhere -- in this case, the prop guards and the backpack.

I don't know anybody that uses the prop guards, but I suppose if you were flying indoors a lot you might want them. I have the bag, and don't use it -- my Mavic goes in my regular camera bag with all my other photo gear. The DJI bag is nice enough, but not that useful to me.

Hi all, looking at buying the Mavic Pro bundle from Costco.com. They want $999.99 for the drone. Whats everyone's thoughts on that price? As well, Is an I pad compatible with this drone? Not sure how it would connect up. Please educate me guys. Thanks!
I got the Fly more package at Microcenter for $1,299. And I bought my Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 at Costco for $579.99 minus $110. for a Costco price of $469.99.
The Tab S3 with 9.7 QXGA Super AMOLED display is bright enough to see clearly in sunny daylight without a hood. (A hood would of course would be better.)
For a cheap landing pad I used one of those car windshield shades that have the springy hoop wire around the edge. They come 2 in a package at Walmart for around $10. The ones I got have a big "minion" eyeball on each one, making a great target.... (also somewhat humorous)

Last edited:
Excellent point. Costco has the best return policy in just about all of retail. I wonder if they will be as open with any Mavic returns?
If they sell it they are bind to their return policy.

I have an I Pad, I suppose I need to buy an adapter, to use it?
As well, after app install, do I need wifi or cell signal. Looking to use on some very remote areas with no wifi or cell towers. Will this still work?
I think you need a cell or wifi signal to get the maps if you want to view the Mavic's location.

w
I think you need a cell or wifi signal to get the maps if you want to view the Mavic's location.
With Google Maps you can download maps ahead of time for offline viewing -- at least most everywhere in North America. It's hit and miss in Asia. The maps then work just like the live ones except you won't have the satellite maps.

Even without having downloaded the maps ahead of time, the map screen can still show the drone's location relative to yours, and it's track travelled.

Not a bad deal. However, I don't often use the original bag because, like most of us drone pilots do, is to start adding accessories to the MP: extra batteries, iPad, antenna extenders, mods, etc. Pretty soon, you are gonna say to yourself: hmmm...that bag is getting tight and I need an upgrade. I already did it once and very close to upgrading again. Just a thought...

In any case, fly safety and respect people's privacy. ENJOY!

Not a bad deal. However, I don't often use the original bag because, like most of us drone pilots do, is to start adding accessories to the MP: extra batteries, iPad, antenna extenders, mods, etc. Pretty soon, you are gonna say to yourself: hmmm...that bag is getting tight and I need an upgrade. I already did it once and very close to upgrading again. Just a thought...

In any case, fly safety and respect people's privacy. ENJOY!
it's still a decent deal, even if you toss the bag. I did.

If I had the option to buy my Mavic at Costco when I bought mine I would have even paid full price for it, maybe even a premium! Their no questions asked return policy is worth its weight in gold. Any problems with it no matter when into the future you should be able to replace it or get your money back. Would beat having to deal with shipping back to DJI, waiting forever, or dealing with some other online vendor.

As an example, I purchased two exterior lights for my garage. Only about $200 mind you, but I bought them 8 years ago. One of the built in LEDs burned out and I asked them if they could search their records for my purchase because I wanted to look for the model number to find a replacement LED or a new unit. They found the purchase from 8 years ago and said they don’t sell it any more. (Not a surprise). They gave me the information I was looking for but also said I’d i wanted to return both lights (even though one was still fine) they would give me my money back and I could purchase something else. I would actually never as them to do that since they’ve been mounted outside my house for 8 years and I wouldn’t feel right returning them-and I told them that. They insisted that I do it! I haven’t done it yet but if they actually would follow through on it that’s pretty amazing and gives me big confidence that if I would ever have trouble with a Mavic I bought there they would take care of me.

Z

Reactions: Oconnb910

My two cents. Not a good deal. You can find better deals, but, if you want to try it just to be sure you'll enjoy it and will be using the guards and the bag, then, maybe... Most important item in the deal is the Costco return policy, unless you have an accident. Be aware...

Honestly the Fly More package is the best deal - I use everything in it.
Extra props, 4 battery charging hub, 12v car charger, 2 extra batteries and the case.
That is my thought also. I did buy a 4th battery. Everything being used in a combo is rare.

Reactions: DaveF
That is my thought also. I did buy a 4th battery. Everything being used in a combo is rare.
Back last year I wish they were offering that because when I bought my mavic I for some reason bought the basic pack but it was almost the same price for that one with the prop guards and the bag so that would have been pretty amazing!!!
PS- over time I ended up with every one of those accessories and I still don't have a bag though from DJI which I would have liked. And yes Costco is pretty Infamous for taking back anything that has a problem that they sell! So even if it just got quirky and you didn't feel confident, you could bring it back no questions asked basically!

Buy it from Costco. Pay for it with the Costco Citi card. The total cost is $954. You’ll get a total of 4% cash back (if you have the citi card and an executive membership). That’s a cost of $915.84. Now you have a Mavic with 2 years warranty (citi offers 1 extra year on top of the manufactures warranty on purchases). And because it’s Costco, if you ever are I satisfied with your purchase you can return it, no questions asked.
Absolutely the best deal available.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji