DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about flyaway replacement

DanJ

Reactions
I lost my drone last week (I think that it's high in a tree) and just received my replacement via the Flyaway insurance.
Now that the replacement is connected to the controller the second drone still shows as a device associated with the account.
My question is... do I now remove that device from my account/controller?

I would open a chat with DJI on their support portal and ask your question there. It’s likely ok to remove it, but probably a good idea to check first.

Chris

Reactions: DanJ
I would open a chat with DJI on their support portal and ask your question there. It’s likely ok to remove it, but probably a good idea to check first.

Chris
Thank you Chris. I'll likely do that today. I was worried about unbinding my controller to my account if I did that.

Under device management in Fly settings.
Thank you for the answer. That I know.
The question was can I unbind the original drone without causing any problems.
Thank you for your help.

I'm also interested if anyone has any experience of this.. I have received my replacement A2S and now have two drones named A2S in my account.. I should have given the 1st one a unique name back then because now its dead and gone back to the maker.. sure I'll rename the replacement to distinguish it more easily.. but I'm wondering if: "Remove from account" will delete all flight records of that unit from my profile in the DJI Fly App and, if so does it leave them on the server.. who knows?
Then the question arises.. if the flights get deleted from the DJI Server are they also sync deleted on Airdata and removed from Airdata's server?

The old drone is now the property of DJI. It is fine to unbind it and remove it from your device list.

The old drone is now the property of DJI. It is fine to unbind it and remove it from your device list.
yes, that's easy to understand AND I know how to do it. But, the Flight records in MY device (phone) and MY account that are linked to that unit are also of interest to me.. The question I asked was - Does deleting or removing the device also delete the flight records and as such are they then lost to me to in case I want to access those details..

Reactions: Octisurfer
I don't see why you would need to delete the first drone. Simply rename the replacement to distinguish it easier and be done with it. Personally, I would want access to all flight records even for drones I no longer have.

Reactions: KI5RLL and DanJ
Six weeks after losing the drone, in a tree I think, I waited for a few windy days and all of the leaves to fall from the trees hoping to at least see the drone on my trip out.
I walked three or four hundred yards to where I last heard the drone beeping and lo and behold, it was sitting in the grass. Obviously the winds had blown it out of a tree.
With snow forecast for tomorrow, I reckoned that this would be my last chance to find it and luckily ALL of the pics that were on it were still retrievable from the memory card. :)

Reactions: LongRifle

Chris
Don't count on reliable info from Customer support, either chat or phone. My experience has been POOR!

I beg to differ, my experience with customer support when I needed it has always been good. Unlike some other companies support has always been timely and if a solution wasn’t readily available someone always got back to me within a few days. For a company as large as DJI, I can’t complain.

Chris

I'm curious, somewhat unrelated to the topic. If the origjnal does somehow get found, is it technically up for grabs (ie not to be sent back to DJI, if there is no incentive to mail it if they don't cover the shipping cost) if it could be repaired independently. Or would the drone cease to function once it gets online to register on DJIs network.

I'm curious, somewhat unrelated to the topic. If the origjnal does somehow get found, is it technically up for grabs (ie not to be sent back to DJI, if there is no incentive to mail it if they don't cover the shipping cost) if it could be repaired independently. Or would the drone cease to function once it gets online to register on DJIs network.
Once you file your case and DJI accepts it, the drone becomes their property. If you do find it, I have read of different actions. Not sure which one is correct. They may or may not reimburse the difference between Flyaway and Care Refresh. But, if you keep it, basically you could use it for a parts drone.

Reactions: DanJ
I beg to differ, my experience with customer support when I needed it has always been good. Unlike some other companies support has always been timely and if a solution wasn’t readily available someone always got back to me within a few days. For a company as large as DJI, I can’t complain.

Chris
Unfortunately, my two recent (within the last 10 days) contacts with Customer Support yield an F grade. One, on chat, regarding long charging times and one on the phone regarding Refresh. Both dismal support. I learned what I know about the charging snafu here on the forum. Customer Support should know as much or more about a widespread issue. The fellow I spoke with about getting Refresh in force (binding the RC to the Drone) was unintelligible. I tripped over the utility that achieves binding. With only my M3C being used with the RC, apparently actual binding of the RC to the M3C isn't necessary to permit flying, because I was able to do so. But, to put Refresh in force, even though I had bought and paid for it, the craft and RC must be bound. Never ever got this from the CS rep I spoke with.

Last edited:
I lost my Air 2S on Sept 14 filed a report and paid for my (expensive)replacement.
Weeks later after the leaves had fallen and just before the snows came, I went out to where I lost the drone and found it.
It was in almost perfect condition. Even the photos on the memory card were still there.
I got in touch with DJI. They sent me a UPS number and it was returned.
What did I get for returning the drone? Nothing.
It would have been nice to at least get some kind of credit.
Moral to this story?
Next drone that gets lost, if it gets found will NOT be sent back to DJI.
ps. The drone is useless once reported lost because it needs to be activated by DJI to use it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98