DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about flying drones in Europe

I took my drone to Europe this summer I had no problems whatsoever but my strategy was simple all I did was find an out-of-the-way place to lunch that was suitable for the shot I was trying to get and I just went straight up and straight down I did not go forward left or right just to reduce the risk and if done discreetly Your risks of detection are minimized. This is the gonzo style of drowning that worked well for me And I got some great shots I know this may not work for everybody

That's fine for photos but how is it for videos?

Timelapse might look okay, just hovering in place mostly.

A lot of times, it's great just rising above foliage, trees and other things which obstruct the views.

This thread is a little misleading at best.

Europe never has been, nor never will be a country.

EASA do not currently control member states within the EU and any aviation’s laws are adopted, altered, or dropped by each individual country’s Civil Aviation Authority.

The ONLY way to ensure you are flying legally is to research UAV laws for each country you intend to visit.

There are no ‘European’ UAV laws currently.

There will be starting in June 2020. See this thread:

Reactions: Thomas B
There will be starting in June 2020. See this thread:

Which is why my last line said currently.

Additionally, the UK will cease to be a member state before that date so may choose not to adopt the legislation.... or it might.....or might not.

Which is why my last line said currently.

Additionally, the UK will cease to be a member state before that date so may choose not to adopt the legislation.... or it might.....or might not.
We are..... :)

We are..... :)
Currently yes. But I do not trust any government as far as I could throw them so anything is possible.

EASA do not rule the world. (They only think they do).

Plus government quangos move at glacial pace so it’s very likely to be delayed.

Galileo is case in point - it’s years behind, has been pushed back more times than anyone can remember and was absolutely definitely going to be fully operational in 2019.......except it now isn’t and will be 2020 (maybe)...possibly. Or could be scrapped altogether since the UK will no longer be a member state and it was a joint EU country venture.
It doesn’t matter it cost billions, if they throw their toys out of their prams it will just become more space junk.

However....OT now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S