DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about Litchi

I am planning to use the Litchi app tomorrow on a mission that I have setup on my iMac. I saved it and I have read some information that you can't have both apps open at the same time? Is this true that you need to force close the DJI Go 4 app before using the Litchi app? I am using an iPhone.

Litchi is a great app. I have flown about 30 flights with it and 40 with DJIGO. There are things I like about both apps.

For Litchi-

1. Waypoint missions are way better using Mission Hub to plan your missions in advance on your computer. (Remember to load your missions into cache if you won't have a cellular connection).
2. There is a voice option you can turn on that calls out altitude, distance and speed. This is great when you first start flying as you can keep your eyes on your Mavic.

For DJIGO-

1. I like the intelligent flight modes and use it when doing Active Track and POI shots. I've had good success with both including over water.
2. While I haven't a lot of disconnect incidents, I have had fewer with DJIGO.
3. I also have a Spark and you really don't have an option other than DJIGO right now.

I have also used both Android and IOS devices with both apps. For now I find iOS much more stable in both cases.

Reactions: Osh-Ba-Gosh
I am planning to use the Litchi app tomorrow on a mission that I have setup on my iMac. I saved it and I have read some information that you can't have both apps open at the same time? Is this true that you need to force close the DJI Go 4 app before using the Litchi app? I am using an iPhone.

I used litchi for the first time today. I've had my Mavic for about three months before I even tried flying it with DJI Go 4 Pro. I did not have to open DJI Go Ap. But I'd like to share that I had created a couple short waypoint flights with no problems. Went back inside really impressed. I had lost contact and flight completed fine. So I went inside and started working on a longer mission for the next day. I was eager to try it so I went out. it was almost dark and this was a 20 minute mission. Well no sooner than I took off I realized I had left my Gimbal clamp and cover on. Being new. I was afraid to touch the controller or anything. I lost contact, really worried, couldn't see anything and didn't know anything except an occasional reconnection and seeing it was still on course. After the whole mission, it did come home and landed where it took off from. Really, really impressed.

try youtube... I tried it a couple of times, but found it much smoother to let Litchi adjust the gimbal. But because I don't know that much about it, I wouldn't be able to utilize it to it's full ability..

Hope I'm not hijacking this thread but, where can I find a good "tutorial" as to using the Interpolate feature. I've done searches here, but I seem to get confused on what it does and how it does it and can I use it? And the Litchi guide doesn't seem to help.

Thanks in advance.
Chip D - Omaha, Ne

Chip, did you get your answer? If not, let me know. I spent about 4 hours of test flights using interpolation vs waypoint actions (gimble angle). I have a clear understand of it now.
And you're right, interpolation, and other stuff in the documentation can be challenging to understand if you're new to the hobby.

Chip, did you get your answer? If not, let me know. I spent about 4 hours of test flights using interpolation vs waypoint actions (gimble angle). I have a clear understand of it now.
And you're right, interpolation, and other stuff in the documentation can be challenging to understand if you're new to the hobby.

Thanks for this. Not really. I spent some time at the office doing just regular flights around the office, and then adding interpolate. I think maybe it's just easier for me to control the gimbal than depend on the Interpolate working. But would love to hear your thoughts.
Chip D - Omaha, NE

Well, here's what I've learned by my testing.
Let's say I have 2 waypoints and I set up waypoint 1 with a waypoint action to move the gimbal -10 (forward) and waypoint 2 to set the gimbal -90 (down).
When the drone hits waypoint 1 the gimbal will go to -10 quickly. When the drone hits waypoint 2 it will go to -90 quickly.
Now, let's say I don't use waypoint actions, I use an interpolate of -10 for waypoint 1 and an interpolate for waypoint 2 of -90.
This time when the drone hits waypoint 1 the gimbal moves to -10 but on it's way to waypoint 2 it starts moving to -90.
If the distance between waypoint 1 and waypoint 2 is 100 feet, it would happen fairly quickly.
If the distance between waypoint and waypoint 2 is 2000 feet, it would happen very gradually.
Imagine flying over a lake and you interpolate between -90 (down) looking at the water and you interpolate to a -10 (horizon) shot, and the distance between the two waypoints was 500', that might look cool moving the view from the lake below to the horizon.
I hope I explained that correctly.
Once I learned about it, I realized I would not use interpolate regularly, but I'd also like to hear other scenarios where people use it.

Getting a Mavic Monday. Question, I have been using Litchi for about 2 years with my P2 and then my P3A. Can i jump right in and begin using Litchi with the Mavic without first using the DJI app?

Getting a Mavic Monday. Question, I have been using Litchi for about 2 years with my P2 and then my P3A. Can i jump right in and begin using Litchi with the Mavic without first using the DJI app?

I don't see why you couldn't. Do you prefer Litchi over GO? I'm on the fence about getting Litchi.

I have used it for over 2 years and no complaints. Do like the feature of auto start video when the engines fire up. At the time DJi app did not have it.

I have used it for over 2 years and no complaints. Do like the feature of auto start video when the engines fire up. At the time DJi app did not have it.

Awesome. Didn't even know GO had the auto start feature for video.

I'm having the same problem with Litchi limiting my altitude to 98 feet. I'm new to the software but for the life of me I can't find any setting the is causing the 98' ceiling limit. (Max altitude is configured to 400 feet.)

Also having issues with Waypoints failing due to exceeding radius limit.

Any thoughts or ideas? (Mavic Pro / Android)

Thanks.

Sounds like it's a "Ghost in the Machine"..;-)..good to know about this before hand..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki