DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question About Photos and Videos

rc_heli_flier

Reactions
One thing I noticed about my new MA2 is that when I take video it saves to my cell phone - when I take photos they save to the memory in the drone. Is there a way to have the photos save to my phone instead of the drone or have them saved also in my phones as well as the drone?
Just to be clear, the videos save to the drone and my phone, so thought it might be possible to do the same with the photos.
Thanks.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
You'll probably find that the file saved to your cellphone, is a low-resolution copy of what's also saved on the SD card.

Reactions: Recoveryone
I own a MP 2 and a mini. The high quality / high resolution video and photos both are on the drone memory chip. It’s my experience the copies on the remote controller phone/iPad (mini) or smart controller (MP2) are not the 4 k video or raw pictures. I believe that the video link might be over whelmed by full resolution data. Your highest quality images/video are on the drone chip. Others with Air 2 experience will clarify

There is an option in the fly app to save photos to the phone too. I'm not sure of the quality, but if you need a "good enough" photo it can be done. Just know that if you take AEB photo, all 5 photos also get loaded to your phone as well. If you take a lot of photos - I'll add a lot to your photo album real quick.

For M2, you have the following options in the GO 4 app :

1) video cache - store low resolution photo and video to the phone if enabled.
2) auto sync HD-photo - store high-resolution photo ( NOT video ) to the phone if enabled.

I don't have the MA2 but I think there should be similar switches in the FLY app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs