DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about upcoming faa test for recreational flyers

koopyetz

Reactions
Any thoughts about what questions might be asked for this test. Would parts of 107 study guides be useful to review for this safety and knowledge test.

Thanks for your input.

Rick

My guess is that it is not at all about real knowledge rather it is more about education. I suspect that the questions will be extremely simplistic (what is the max altitude that you can fly, true or false... unmanned aircraft need to give way to manned aircraft, what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow, etc.)

Since the major concern and reason for establishing this test is primarily making sure everyone understands airspace regulations my guess would be that the test is primarily going to consist of questions on airspace regulations and the basics of reading a sectional chart.

Reactions: Carb63 and koopyetz
My guess is that it is not at all about real knowledge rather it is more about education. I suspect that the questions will be extremely simplistic (what is the max altitude that you can fly, true or false... unmanned aircraft need to give way to manned aircraft, what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow, etc.)
Thank you. Unladen swallow. : )

Since the major concern and reason for establishing this test is primarily making sure everyone understands airspace regulations my guess would be that the test is primarily going to consist of questions on airspace regulations and the basics of reading a sectional chart.

Thank you also for your reply .

I suspect it's going to be fairly simple and easy. Think of it as a pop-quiz on the current hobby rules with a few questions about how to read a sectional and maybe how to interpret weather.

Reactions: tleedom
African or European?

Because of all the new rules for Hobbyist I am going after the Part 107 Cert
While it's an option, it's probably not the best option for most people who want to fly for fun since there are more rules to follow.

Reactions: firepilot131
According to the FAA Map a Recreational Drone Flyer is locked down to requesting the LAANC Approval...see map

Attachments

• denton tx faa map restrictions.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 56

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki