DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about what appears to be over exposure?

Bogey

Reactions
Hello,

I've really made an effort not to bug you guys and have been able to find a lot of my answers, but I'm not finding a simple solution to this: It seems like my pics are all over exposed if there is any level of brightness at all (and I mean any!)

DJI_0028.JPG

At this stage, I just as soon shoot everything in auto, but I did make some tweaks at Christmas to shoot a nighttime Christmas light quick video. I have tried twice to see if I have everything back at auto and I "think" I do??

LOL, besides the obvious (CRAPPY pic) what do you think I should be looking for?

As always, thanks!!

Bogey

just to rule out the obvious have you adjusted the ev setting with the right dial on the controller?

Reactions: Bogey
Thank you. This is something I never mess with, but I checked it and it was +.03 (I think?) I scrolled it a bit and it's zero inside the house. (I had everything hooked up and turned one while messing with this) When I'm taking pics (not video) should I check that EV number every time and scroll it until it's close to zero, or will it stay at zero since I just put it there? (I don't think it works that way, but since I'm asking dumb questions, I might as well get them all out there!)

I'm anxious to fly again so I can check that EV number.

Thanks.

Your EV was probably way too high. I'd start with keeping it at -0.3. Set your white balance manually, too. If it's sunny, try the sunny setting.

Reactions: Bogey
When I use auto exposure while flying, the screen is too dark to see where I'm going, therefore I use the settings dial on RC to adjust brightness on screen then dial back the setting before I take a picture. I wish the screen brightness setting was separate from the auto exposure. I use a sun hood while flying and the screen is still not bright enough in auto. I'm still learning though...

When I use auto exposure while flying, the screen is too dark to see where I'm going, therefore I use the settings dial on RC to adjust brightness on screen then dial back the setting before I take a picture. I wish the screen brightness setting was separate from the auto exposure. I use a sun hood while flying and the screen is still not bright enough in auto. I'm still learning though...

I believe if you swipe from the right on the screen you get a quick menu that adjusts your brightness on the screen for video.

I use a ipad mini 2 and set brightness to high in settings and I thought that was all I could do. I am anxious to try your suggestion to swipe from right in DJI. I didn't know that this swipe feature was available. Thanks!!

I use a ipad mini 2 and set brightness to high in settings and I thought that was all I could do. I am anxious to try your suggestion to swipe from right in DJI. I didn't know that this swipe feature was available. Thanks!!

Hmm, if you already have full brightness on your mini this may not help, (as this is a direct control for the same setting) It's possible the dji go app might remember the brightness setting here and every time it loads it drops your screen brightness down. So here's hoping it works for you :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy007