DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question for Irish Mavic pilots?

Jimck9

Reactions
Heading to the Emerald Isle for ten days on Saturday. I'm already licensed, got my sticker on the drone. I've got the "uaai.ie" website bookmarked on my phone for flying advice.
I emailed the folks at Brú na Bóinne and asked if I could bring my drone on the shuttle bus and take aerial pictures of the sites? I received a reply which states, roughly, "you can't fly above any national, heritage sites".
Is this the case?
I have a M2Z so I might be able to fly outside of the park boundary and still get some video?
Anyone local know where I might be able to launch and still get some pics of this cool place?
Thanks in advance,
Slainte,
Jim

Just this week saw mention of heritage sites on a FB group. Apparently no, they don't like flying st their sites.

Hi, I am afraid you are not allowed to fly unless you have permission from the land owner and no higher than 100m . The best thing to do would be to find a friendly local farmer and ask if he would mind. Be careful some of them are grumpy - I am a farmer and can be grumpy sometimes too.

Hi, I am afraid you are not allowed to fly unless you have permission from the land owner and no higher than 100m . The best thing to do would be to find a friendly local farmer and ask if he would mind. Be careful some of them are grumpy - I am a farmer and can be grumpy sometimes too.
Beautiful country too bad we can’t take pictures of it to the world.

Beautiful country too bad we can’t take pictures of it to the world.

Isn’t this the same as national trust land in UK? They say you can’t fly on their land but in fact you simply can’t take off or land on their land ?

Reactions: Donnie

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky