DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question: Power inverters to use chargers in the car

I got this back in September 300W Pure Sine Wave Car Power Inverter DC 12V to AC 220V Converter 2 USB Charger | eBay and am very happy with it. Was a tad cheaper when I got it, but it offers 300w of Pure Sine Wave (better for electronics), plus 2x 2.4A USB-ports. Funnily enough I mainly use it at home via a 12v car-battery (off-grid ;-) for various devices & works AOK, fan auto-starting as/when required. Most decent inverters these days (like this) also feature a 'low volt' shut off to prevent your car battery draining - usually pre-set at 10.5v. Nothing would be less fun than bagging some epic drone shots :D ....then being stranded in the wilderness as a result :mad: ....

I'm also interested in @pelagic_one 's answer about the HUSSELL 36W/6A.

The little mini car charger actually works quite well. It powers my Mavic Mini charging hub with the rapid lights that signify a fast charge. Also attached to the Mini charging hub is my Mini Remote Control via the second white USB cord that came with the Fly More Combo, and it’s charging quickly, too. The second USB port in the car charger is open, so my iPhone or iPad gets charged quickly with its own 3amp connection.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RHPXT5K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_APOhEb26HKTTK

1E9FF6CB-F4E3-40D8-BAA7-1EDA5E231E71.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevin Fantroy

I have a similar 300 watt power inverter that also has the 2 x 2.4 amp USB ports. When I plug in my Mavic Mini three-battery charging hub to one of the USB ports, I get slow light movement, or non-fast charging. However when I plug the same charging hub into the DJI white charging block, via the supplied white USB cable, into one of the inverter’s AC plugs, I do get the rapid lights and fast charging.

In addition to the 2 x 3amp car charger, this inverter option would also satisfy Neal’s desire to charge his Mini’s batteries, his Remote Control, and his cell phone or tablet...all while he speeds off to his next flying site.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky