DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question re Epson Moverio BT-300FPV Glasses

Rupuze

Reactions
Hello Smart People:
I am considering getting the BT-300FPV glasses for my Mavic 2 Pro.
My question is about making waypoints. Wow would you do that with the glasses? On my TAblet, I must tap the screen where I want a waypoint--how do I "tap the screen" on a virtual screen?

Is there anyting I can't do with the glasses that I can do using my tablet?

Thanks, Squircle ... how would I know where to put my finger on the touch Pad when I want to set a waypoint?
... on my tablet, I can see the map and touch exactly where I want to put my waypoint ... but a touchpad doesn't afford me that luxury of seeing where my finger will land ahead of time.

... on my tablet, I can see the map and touch exactly where I want to put my waypoint ... but a touchpad doesn't afford me that luxury of seeing where my finger will land ahead of time.

There is a cursor, which maps your finger as it touches the touch pad.
You can move it then click to select that point

yup, there is a cursor which you move. It does make it a slightly more involved process than using a screen, so things like cancelling warning messages take getting used to.

Oh ... ok ... That makes sense. So, I'd move my finger on the pad until I can see it's where I want it, then just tap at that time.
Is that it?
How happy are you with these glasses?

Oh ... ok ... That makes sense. So, I'd move my finger on the pad until I can see it's where I want it, then just tap at that time.
Is that it?
How happy are you with these glasses?

The glasses are optically perfect and offer a virtual 80cm screen to view DJI Go 4
The touch pad and controls take some getting use to.

Ed Ricker did a good review, you can see the circle cursor and UI

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think this is the best deal, as the Solitaire Ace enclosure keeps more of the light out as mentioned by Ed in his review

Last edited:
Thanks Iannes.
I was about to order from the site you suggested when I looked through the specs. These glasses are not compatible with the RC1B controller!
I hope Epson comes up with a fix for that soon!

Thanks Iannes.
I was about to order from the site you suggested when I looked through the specs. These glasses are not compatible with the RC1B controller!
I hope Epson comes up with a fix for that soon!

Ah right, yes now they are compatible with the RC1B according to various sources

Last edited:
I just got the Moveiro 300 glasses. I thought they were working fine, until I waved at myself--32 second lag!!
I called Epson for tech help. I was helped to upgrade the Epson software. While still on the phone with Epson, I tested and the lag was about 1/2 second.

However-- the lag is back! to 25-30 seconds!! All software is updated . I recalibrated everything.
I think I'm going to have to return this item. It's just too frustrating.

I'm not so sure the new DJI software is so compatible with the RC1B transmitter.

I just got the Moveiro 300 glasses. I thought they were working fine, until I waved at myself--32 second lag!!
I called Epson for tech help. I was helped to upgrade the Epson software. While still on the phone with Epson, I tested and the lag was about 1/2 second.

However-- the lag is back! to 25-30 seconds!! All software is updated . I recalibrated everything.
I think I'm going to have to return this item. It's just too frustrating.

I'm not so sure the new DJI software is so compatible with the RC1B transmitter.

I would do a reset from the settings menu

What version of DJI Go4 are you using, did you download this from the Moverio store or have you sideloaded it ?
I would only load the DJI Go4 app and no other apps

Have you turned off bluetooth, caching to the device, histogram, over exposure warning, focus peaking etc. ?

What cable are you using, hopefully not some cheap stuff ?

I believe latency and pixelation is improved if you select a custom frequency and the 10mhz bandwidth.
You can tell the amount of latency by the transmission rate at the bottom of the HD screen, should be up around 20mbps

In the DJI Go4 app

1) Select the "..." in the top right hand of the flight screen to access the settings menu
2) go to the HD menu
3) Select "Custom" it should turn blue, and hit the blue "transmission state" to open the frequency graphic
4) Slide the frequency box from side to side to select the desired channel
5) Below the frequency graphic, you will see "bandwidth allocation" , select "10mhz" for high interference situations, then it will turn blue
6) Also play around with "Image Transmission Mode" try the different modes, I think "smooth" is the best, but their are limitations in frame rate etc. with selecting it

Last edited:
It's so good to have this community!
Thanks for your suggestions ... However: I got so disgusted that I sent the unit back--What I actually suspect the problem is that the unit I received came to me not factory sealed, and it was apparent that it was a unit which was returned by a previous customer and then sold to me as new.

Today, I ordered a Smart Controller. I'm hoping I will have better luck with that.

Thank you again, Iannes from Down Under!

You will like the SC. I use it with the Epson 35E.

You will like the SC. I use it with the Epson 35E.

Are the Epson 35E an 'upgrade' to the BT-300? Will they work with the RC1B? The BT-300 seem to be in short supply, perhaps they're 'end of life'. The Android system installed on the BT-300 (when I last looked) was very old!

I get confused with all the different models - not knowing which is the better option etc!

Thanks

Are the Epson 35E an 'upgrade' to the BT-300? Will they work with the RC1B? The BT-300 seem to be in short supply, perhaps they're 'end of life'. The Android system installed on the BT-300 (when I last looked) was very old!

I get confused with all the different models - not knowing which is the better option etc!

Thanks

The BT-35e is just like a monitor it needs a video input to drive it and it does not have a processing unit. That is why pilots use it with the Smart Controller and send the video output to the glasses.
In the flying a drone context the BT-35e is only compatible with the Smart Controller or a phone that has a HDMI output.
Remember the Smart Controller only works with the Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom.
The BT-35e may work with DJI Fly is you can find a 64bit device with a hdmi or usb-c video output.

The BT-300 is a self contained unit with it's own android processing unit, so this is more like using a phone with your DJI remote controller.
This setup allows it to be used with the Phantom 4 Pro, Mavic Pro, Mavic Pro Platinum, Mavic Air 1 and the Spark using either DJI Go4 or Litchi apps.
It won't work with DJI Fly as it does not have a 64bit processor or 64 bit operating system so it can't be used with the Mavic Mini or the Mavic Air 2

What AC's you are hoping to use the glasses with, will determine which model glasses you need ?

Reactions: sonof40
Thanks very much for the explanation.

When I purchased my Mavic 2 Pro I also ordered the BT-300. At the time I was a little concerned the BT-300 were running an outdated version of Android - is it possible to update this on the BT-300?

When my Mavic 2 Pro arrived it came with the RC1B controller and I discovered this would not work with the BT-300 so I promptly cancelled my order. Now the incompatibility has been resolved (took an age coming) it's renewed my interest in the BT-300 or alternatives BT-35E maybe. I am concerned the BT-300 are now quite 'old' and very difficult to find here in the UK - I don't wish to buy something that's going to be quickly redundant!

I did read somewhere of a new Android based tablet (64Bit I think) with Dex that apparently allows wire free transmission of the video BUT, will this work with the DGI GO4 app etc etc.

I'm rambling now ..... :)

Thanks very much for the explanation.

When I purchased my Mavic 2 Pro I also ordered the BT-300. At the time I was a little concerned the BT-300 were running an outdated version of Android - is it possible to update this on the BT-300?

When my Mavic 2 Pro arrived it came with the RC1B controller and I discovered this would not work with the BT-300 so I promptly cancelled my order. Now the incompatibility has been resolved (took an age coming) it's renewed my interest in the BT-300 or alternatives BT-35E maybe. I am concerned the BT-300 are now quite 'old' and very difficult to find here in the UK - I don't wish to buy something that's going to be quickly redundant!

I did read somewhere of a new Android based tablet (64Bit I think) with Dex that apparently allows wire free transmission of the video BUT, will this work with the DGI GO4 app etc etc.

I'm rambling now ..... :)

Unfortunately it's not possible to upgrade the Android 5.1 on the BT-300

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efe