DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

question regarding updates

G Randy Brown

Reactions
Does DJI not have the technology to implement waypoints into video like we have for hyperlapse?

Apparently cheap hardware was used for the MA2. Here's the response from DJI Developer Support I spotted in another forum about the lack of waypoints.

FromDJIDev-NoWaypoints.png

Apparently cheap hardware was used for the MA2. Here's the response from DJI Developer Support I spotted in another forum about the lack of waypoints.

View attachment 131757
To me, it doesn't seem it would be a hardware issue but just programming the software.
I guess I don't understand how we can have waypoints in hyperlapse but not in video.
Could it be that when they develop SDK (or whatever it's called) that they sell it to 3rd party vendors to make more money than if it were included?

The processor usage between taking a picture every few seconds and continuously shooting 30 frames a second AND managing waypoints is probably the difference.

Assuming you mean the processor in MA2, how do the 3rd party apps do it?

Assuming you mean the processor in MA2, how do the 3rd party apps do it?
Usually the waypoints are stored in the aircraft which is why in older models that have waypoints will finish the mission at signal loss whereas anything using virtual sticks will cancel the mission when it loses RC signal. The instructions come from the controller, not the aircraft in that scenario.

Reactions: G Randy Brown
Usually the waypoints are stored in the aircraft which is why in older models that have waypoints will finish the mission at signal loss whereas anything using virtual sticks will cancel the mission when it loses RC signal. The instructions come from the controller, not the aircraft in that scenario.
Oh okay, that makes sense...thanks for answering my question.

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lzt300b