DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Questionable DJI Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulf10

Reactions
Below are email exchanges between DJI Service and myself. As far as I know there is no way for me to make a definitive determination if I was sent a refurbished Mavic Pro in place of my Mavic Platinum Pro. I do intend on doing a hover and range test however that does involve variables such as weather conditions etc.

At this point I feel like I should just suck it up and take their word for it. However I am left with the following concerns and questions.

1. They never explained why the DJI GO4 app records the drone as a Mavic Pro and not the Platinum Pro
2. If its a Platinum why are they pointing ”the only evident difference is the hovering time and maximum flight time” which is why I bought the Platinum Pro in the first place!
3. For me it now comes down to a matter of trust. I’m not saying I was cheated however I am skeptical to say the least.
4. Had I been informed I would be getting a refurbished drone I likely would have opted to forgo the repairs and put the money towards a new M2P.

Please read the email exchange below. All relevant opinions are welcomed and appreciated.

Begin email exchange: ............................................

[email protected]
I have just recently had the chance to fly my repaired Mavic Platinum Pro. The problem I have now is that the DJI GO4 app now records my MPP as a Mavic Pro and a different drone with new total flight time etc.

Any idea why it is not being recorded as a Mavic Platinum Pro?

..........................................................................................................................

Feb 25, 2020, at 9:54 AM, Niko (DJI Support) <[email protected]> wrote:
Niko (DJI Support)
2月25日 CST22:54

Dear Paul,
Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
We understand that you want some clarifications with your new Mavic Pro Platinum. Allow us to continue assisting you with this matter.

Upon checking on your Case ID CAS-2558593-Y6Z6M4, it appears that your previous unit had a flight incident and was not safe to use, thus, it was replaced with another unit. Please see the below information for reference.

Old Serial Number: 08QCECBP020ATX
New Serial Number: 08Q3G8MP01V025

That is the reason why you are getting different information from your DJI GO 4 app.
Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, just let us know. Have a great day!
Thank you for choosing DJI products.
Regards,
Niko (DJI Support)
2月26日 CST22:04

................................................................................................................

Thank you for the response.
However this does not explain why the DJI GO4 app identifies the replaced unit as a Mavic Pro and not a Mavic Platinum Pro which was sent in.

Additionally the repair invoice made no mention of my Mavic Platinum Pro being replace with another unit. It only listed the specific parts that were replaced.

Since there are price and performance differences between the Mavic Pro and the Mavic Platinum Pro please explain why this is acceptable and why it was not mentioned on the repair invoice.

Thank you,
Paul Farrell

.....................................................................................................................................

Niko (DJI Support)

Dear Paul,
Thank you for getting back to us and we hope this email finds you well.

Considering that your unit had a flight incident and sustained several damages, our repair engineers decided to replace the aircraft instead of repairing the parts indicated in the Invoice to guarantee repair quality and flight safety and shorten your wait time for repair, we will replace the whole damaged component, which is a widely used repair method in the consumer electronic product industry. We do this, as drones are sophisticated devices with highly integrated components. And we want you to receive a reliable repaired product.

In line with your DJI GO 4 app concern as it shows Mavic Pro instead of Mavic Pro Platinum, rest assured that your aircraft with serial number 08Q3G8MP01V025 is indeed a Mavic Pro Platinum.

When it comes to the performance and specifications, Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum are almost the same and the only evident difference is the hovering time and maximum flight time as shown below.

We hope that we have given you clarity on this. Please feel free to contact us at any time if you have further inquiries.

Regards,
Niko

DJI Technical Support
YouTube: DJI Tutorials

Niko (DJI Support)

@Paulf10 a good way to establish which version you have is if you can get access to an oscilloscope which can read the the output from the ESCs in the form of a sine wave
then the MP1 will have a square wave and the MPP will have continuous sine wave which is much smoother and its that combined with the props that give the increased flight time

@Paulf10 a good way to establish which version you have is if you can get access to an oscilloscope which can read the the output from the ESCs in the form of a sine wave
then the MP1 will have a square wave and the MPP will have continuous sine wave which is much smoother and its that combined with the props that give the increased flight time

Post up a flight log ?
txt and dat to be sure, someone should be able to see instantly.

Reactions: Paulf10

Thank you sir! However you are speaking to somewhat of an idiot. I”m not really even sure what an oscilloscope looks like much less know how to use one. Last time I heard the word sine was in a college trigonometry class talking about sine, cosine and tangent. Now I don’t even know what the hell that means?

Interesting. I can learn something from you. Is this output the signal/voltage to the motor? If so, I might dink around with my oscilloscope to observe.

Below are email exchanges between DJI Service and myself. As far as I know there is no way for me to make a definitive determination if I was sent a refurbished Mavic Pro in place of my Mavic Platinum Pro. I do intend on doing a hover and range test however that does involve variables such as weather conditions etc.

At this point I feel like I should just suck it up and take their word for it. However I am left with the following concerns and questions.

1. They never explained why the DJI GO4 app records the drone as a Mavic Pro and not the Platinum Pro
2. If its a Platinum why are they pointing ”the only evident difference is the hovering time and maximum flight time” which is why I bought the Platinum Pro in the first place!
3. For me it now comes down to a matter of trust. I’m not saying I was cheated however I am skeptical to say the least.
4. Had I been informed I would be getting a refurbished drone I likely would have opted to forgo the repairs and put the money towards a new M2P.

Please read the email exchange below. All relevant opinions are welcomed and appreciated.

Begin email exchange: ............................................

[email protected]
I have just recently had the chance to fly my repaired Mavic Platinum Pro. The problem I have now is that the DJI GO4 app now records my MPP as a Mavic Pro and a different drone with new total flight time etc.

Any idea why it is not being recorded as a Mavic Platinum Pro?

..........................................................................................................................

Niko (DJI Support)

Dear Paul,
Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
We understand that you want some clarifications with your new Mavic Pro Platinum. Allow us to continue assisting you with this matter.

Upon checking on your Case ID CAS-2558593-Y6Z6M4, it appears that your previous unit had a flight incident and was not safe to use, thus, it was replaced with another unit. Please see the below information for reference.

Old Serial Number: 08QCECBP020ATX
New Serial Number: 08Q3G8MP01V025

That is the reason why you are getting different information from your DJI GO 4 app.
Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, just let us know. Have a great day!
Regards,
Niko (DJI Support)

................................................................................................................

Thank you for the response.
However this does not explain why the DJI GO4 app identifies the replaced unit as a Mavic Pro and not a Mavic Platinum Pro which was sent in.

Additionally the repair invoice made no mention of my Mavic Platinum Pro being replace with another unit. It only listed the specific parts that were replaced.

Since there are price and performance differences between the Mavic Pro and the Mavic Platinum Pro please explain why this is acceptable and why it was not mentioned on the repair invoice.

Thank you,
Paul Farrell

.....................................................................................................................................

Niko (DJI Support)

Dear Paul,
Thank you for getting back to us and we hope this email finds you well.

Considering that your unit had a flight incident and sustained several damages, our repair engineers decided to replace the aircraft instead of repairing the parts indicated in the Invoice to guarantee repair quality and flight safety and shorten your wait time for repair, we will replace the whole damaged component, which is a widely used repair method in the consumer electronic product industry. We do this, as drones are sophisticated devices with highly integrated components. And we want you to receive a reliable repaired product.

In line with your DJI GO 4 app concern as it shows Mavic Pro instead of Mavic Pro Platinum, rest assured that your aircraft with serial number 08Q3G8MP01V025 is indeed a Mavic Pro Platinum.

When it comes to the performance and specifications, Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum are almost the same and the only evident difference is the hovering time and maximum flight time as shown below.

We hope that we have given you clarity on this. Please feel free to contact us at any time if you have further inquiries.

Regards,
Niko

DJI Technical Support
YouTube: DJI Tutorials

Niko (DJI Support)
Hey so a while back we swapped a MP ESC board into a MPP and everything worked just it showed a Mavic Pro In the App. To the best of my knowledge that's the only way that a platinum will show up as a pro. Also when you install a MP esc in a platinum (they are different parts but will work) than you would loose the longer flight time a noise reduction essentially making it a mavic pro with a silver paint job. Never tried installing a platinum esc in a pro but it should work as well...hope this helps

Last edited:
Hey so a while back we swapped a MP ESC board into a MPP and everything worked just it showed a Mavic Pro In the App. To the best of my knowledge that's the only way that a platinum will show up as a pro. Also when you install a MP esc in a platinum (they are different parts but will work) than you would loose the longer flight time a noise reduction essentially making it a mavic pro with a silver paint job. Never tried installing a platinum esc in a pro but it should work as well...hope this helps
Sounds logical. On a different path, I put a Pro mother board (bottom) in my MPP and it still comes up on the app as Platinum. But now DJI thinks I have two drones on their registry site ... my original Platinum and now a Pro! Go figure!

Reactions: DDS
DJI serial decoder (posted in numerous threads on this forum) returns “Model: Mavic Pro, build on: 21. August 2019” for the serial number you posted.

• Love
Reactions: Paulf10

Ouch! At the time I was debating if I should send it to you or DJI SUPPORT. I have know idea why I chose DJI SUPPORT.

How would your service handled this?
Would you have replaced the drone without telling me? Or would you replaced the parts?

Attachments

• B7031667-350F-415C-9A14-E6D189B46043.png
    B7031667-350F-415C-9A14-E6D189B46043.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 32
Ouch! At the time I was debating if I should send it to you or DJI SUPPORT. I have know idea why I chose DJI SUPPORT.

How would your service handled this?
Would you have replaced the drone without telling me? Or would you replaced the parts?
if we swap a drone you would know about it...only reason we would swap is if its not economical to repair so we offer a new or used one for a similar price of the repair.
DJI serial decoder (posted in numerous threads on this forum) returns “Model: Mavic Pro, build on: 21. August 2019” for the serial number you posted.
WOW
in dji's database comes up as a platinum.....so strange

Last edited:
if we swap a drone you would know about it...only reason we would swap is if its not economical to repair so we offer a new or used one for a similar price of the repair.

WOW
in dji's database comes up as a platinum.....so strange

Activation Information
Device TypeActivation Date
battery2020-01-03 07:53:48
camera2020-01-03 07:53:48
Shipping Information
Product NameCountry/Region Matched
Mavic Pro Platinum (NA)Yes
Strange why?

With a choice of these two options most would, and I probably all should, favour the result returned by interrogation of the official DJI database.

Strange why?

With a choice of these two options most would, and I probably all should, favour the result returned by interrogation of the official DJI database.
Very True,
however the fact that it's showing a mavic pro in the go4 app is the anomaly which i suspect is due to a mavic pro ESC

Last edited:
Thank you sir! However you are speaking to somewhat of an idiot. I”m not really even sure what an oscilloscope looks like much less know how to use one. Last time I heard the word sine was in a college trigonometry class talking about sine, cosine and tangent. Now I don’t even know what the hell that means?
its just the way that the ESC sends the current to the motor,it makes the process smoother, so it uses slightly less battery and improves the control of motor speed , if you imagine a rotary engine compared to a reciprocating engine in one the rotor spins in one smooth rotation to drive the output shaft, in the other the piston travels up and down but stops at each end of the stroke

Very True,
however the fact that it's showing a mavic pro in the go4 app is the anomaly which i suspect is due to a mavic pro ESC

Needless to say, all my future repairs will be going to DJIDRONESERVICE!
I’m a big fan of DJI, however DJI customer service and repairs, not so much!

its just the way that the ESC sends the current to the motor,it makes the process smoother, so it uses slightly less battery and improves the control of motor speed , if you imagine a rotary engine compared to a reciprocating engine in one the rotor spins in one smooth rotation to drive the output shaft, in the other the piston travels up and down but stops at each end of the stroke
Are you sure the MP1 isn’t sinusoidal drive also? The big song and dance DJI put on with the platinum launch seemed to be the addition of FOC (field orientation control). FOC does, as one benefit, provide higher efficiency. Quieter operation is also realised. FOC is a compliment to Sine wave drive rather than an alternative. DJI has had sinusoidal esc since the phantom 3.

In any case- the most convenient point to connect oscilloscope probes would be at the motor fly lead terminations on the ESC board. If your there you can check the esc board part number.

Reactions: old man mavic
the point i was trying to make was by viewing the wave form on and oscilloscope,
it would show either a square or smooth output depending on which ESC was fitted

Unders
the point i was trying to make was by viewing the wave form on and oscilloscope,
it would show either a square or smooth output depending on which ESC was fitted
Understood. My point is the waveform probably wouldn’t give any clues- they are both sinusoidal drive (DJi’s last square wave ESC was Phantom 2) -and- there is no convenient means to connect your scope probes unless you open the case. Once the case is open the ESC board version should be obvious.

Reactions: old man mavic
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi