DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Questionable DJI Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
funny thing is i managed to get some air time in today and although i have a MPP when the screen comes up after the controller has connected and it says enter device in blue which is the drone it shows a mavic pro and if you change the picture to select your model it does not show a MPP only a mavic pro

funny thing is i managed to get some air time in today and although i have a MPP when the screen comes up after the controller has connected and it says enter device in blue which is the drone it shows a mavic pro and if you change the picture to select your model it does not show a MPP only a mavic pro

WTF??????????? Now my head really hurts!?
Does it record the flight as a MP in the flight records?

Last edited:
It's unacceptable that dji don't explain why it shows up as another model.

Pursue this with them.

That’s exactly what I’m doing! Why? Just on principle I guess. My longest flight time is 24 min and on average they are much less. So in reality the shorter flight time is a non issue. Add to this the fact that I’ve been planning on buying an M2Pro which would leave my MPP/MP (or whatever it is) to shelf duty. I must just like aggravations!?

This was my most recent email to them:

Niko,

Thank you again for your reply.
However you have still failed to answer my initial question as to why DJI GO4 recognizes and records the drone as a Mavic Pro and not a Mavic Platinum Pro.

At this point you are actually beginning to aggravate me and for the following reasons:
1. Answer my dam question!

2. I don’t care “what is a widely used repair method in the consumer electronics product industry”! I care about this issue and this drone! Had I been informed that my drone would be replaced instead of repaired, I would have declined the repair and put the money on a new M2P!

3. Answer my dam question!

4. I don’t need to be reminded that my drone sustained damages in every one of your replies! I’m the one who crashed it so I’m well aware of what I did and it’s the reason I sent it in!

At this point I’m requesting that you forward this issue and these emails to your supervisor. I will await his or her response!

Regards,
Paul Farrell

So the new drone doesn't say platinum on the front left arm?

15828329097561004737503.jpgcheck this out. It is my MPP but when i check the Serial number with that app it says mavic pro. Also in the go4 app mavic pro is shown. I do not understand this.

Reactions: Paulf10
it seems that as far as the MPP is concerned ,it is merely a MP1 with different ESCs and a different colour, it is not a new product as such its just an improved MP1 with different props as well

• Love
Reactions: BigAl07 and Paulf10
View attachment 95272check this out. It is my MPP but when i check the Serial number with that app it says mavic pro. Also in the go4 app mavic pro is shown. I do not understand this.
Thank you sir! Have you ever sent it in for repair?
DJI Service is now saying I should sync my flights, then delete and reinstall the DJI GO4 app.
I’m thinking I should try barking at the moon!?

it seems that as far as the MPP is concerned ,it is merely a MP1 with different ESCs and a different colour, it is not a new product as such its just an improved MP1 with different props as well
Yes sir, you are correct! And is this fact really worth my time and aggravation? At 70 yrs old I think not! I think it’s time to just suck it up and move on. However going forward I THINK I’ll be sending my repairs to DJIDRONESERVICES in N.J.

Yes sir, you are correct! And is this fact really worth my time and aggravation? At 70 yrs old I think not! I think it’s time to just suck it up and move on. However going forward I THINK I’ll be sending my repairs to DJIDRONESERVICES in N.J.
no problem, i agree this thread has probably run its course,and maybe if you ask a staff member they will close it happy flying yours OMM

Thread CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11