DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Questions needs answers please...going on a Drone flying outting.

silverdragon

Reactions
(1) When I start the video recording the 2 front LEDs turn off... I need them on in most situations. I looked for an option to leave them on. Is there a option?
(2) Obstacle Detection switch, can i disable the bottom sensors so the AC does not ascend when i fly over an object.

Thanks my fellow drone Pilots
Rick Whitham

1) There isn't an option to do so at the moment
2) Not the bottom sensors particularly. There's an option to close obstacle avoidance completely. Is running in Sport mode unsuitable?

2) Not the bottom sensors particularly. There's an option to close obstacle avoidance completely. Is running in Sport mode unsuitable?
Running in sports mode, the bottom sensor still react to objects. I

Is this true? Don't misunderstand me, I am not doubting your truthfulness; only I don't understand why DJI would remove the option in the new Fly app. DJI GO4 has a toggle switch to turn off front LEDs during recording or leave them on if one desires so.

it seems to me that the fly app in its present form was an attempt by DJI to simplify the amount of control options for the MM as the MM has very simple sensors and no lights on the front arms so there was no need for a control to turn them on or off,now it has been used for the much more complex MA2 i expect a lot more functions will be rolled out over the coming months

it seems to me that the fly app in its present form was an attempt by DJI to simplify the amount of control options for the MM as the MM has very simple sensors and no lights on the front arms so there was no need for a control to turn them on or off,now it has been used for the much more complex MA2 i expect a lot more functions will be rolled out over the coming months
I completely understand why DJI went with the Fly app for the Mini. But for the MA2, wouldn't it have made more sense to just use the existing GO4 app? But this is probably hijacking the OP's thread. Apologies.

Reactions: old man mavic
there is one point that would explain a new app, and that is third party apps that can tag on to the Go4 app, plus the use of systems to fool the app into thinking it is in the US to benefit from the increased range,whether the fly app will ever be able to be hacked in such a way, or other apps allowed to be used remains to be seen ,so it was to these ends that the new fly app was rolled out ,that is just my opinion on the subject

Is this true? Don't misunderstand me, I am not doubting your truthfulness; only I don't understand why DJI would remove the option in the new Fly app. DJI GO4 has a toggle switch to turn off front LEDs during recording or leave them on if one desires so.
I own the MA2 and can confirm there is no such setting in the Fly app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661